Lamping With Red Fillters

I've been using them from the off Dai, a lamps too bright without one!

In a lot of places filtered light is a must, because critters are too spooked without colour. Though dont get me wrong, once they know what filtered light is, they are on to it same as white light.

One thing i've never done is run my quarry with the filter still on, though it seems a lot of people do...!

Me an my dog are out there to catch quarry, it aint the Waterloo Cup out there, so i'm gonna give that dog every chance i can and dazzle the feck out of whatever i'm gonna run. ;)

lol same here mate you have to have some thing for the pot at the end of the night

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No need for filter when hangin out motor window they dont get far lol

Never I've tried every colour you can get and bloddy hate them I could never get used too them

Always use one round my if i lamped without one wouldnt get close enough for a run very lamp shy. blitz lamp ive adaped the lamp so filter flips up and down over wise used to take ages cliping on and

Not for me I have just got a 150 lamp come with filter if anyone wants it for what p+p will cost

kind offer mate. i sell them lamps but the filters are no good with a 10w led im tring to come up with a beter lamp for the red filters

• Like 1

Always use one round my if i lamped without one wouldnt get close enough for a run very lamp shy. blitz lamp ive adaped the lamp so filter flips up and down over wise used to take ages cliping on and off

i have some land like that think they now the sound of my feet never mined the lamp :D

if theres a way of getting a brighter led lamp so the red filler works well and runs off a lithum batry in the handl like the 150 would that be any good to you i would think you could leve the filter on if it was a good size led.id think this would do the job for me on some realy shy stuff

Another reason i started using filters back in the day was that they aint as obvious as white when scanning hot spots. It simply doesn't cast as far and i'd rather only use the white to run stuff.

what ever do you mean :D whats a hot spot not......not a good spot :laugh:

Personally I think they totally pointless and time consuming putting on taking it back of again every man for themselves on this one atb Mark

I agree with the taking off an on bit. TBH the only good filters, that have ever been made for the lurcher lamper, were/are the Cluelight flip or slide filters. I liked the slide one, split second off, split second back on. Totally silent and you could never drop and loose them. Fantastic bit of kit, just a shame the lamps wern't up to the job or i'd have never gone with Lightforce and them awkward, noisey horrible 3 clip filters that need modification and are still shite!