Never Ceases To Amaze Me

Its like a good football team you need loads of raw talent starting off, without that your wasting your time then you need a good man in control so everything is conducted as it should be to gain the best possible outcome and then you need a stroke of luck along with that to seal the deal, all 3 are important but without talent/blood starting off you are fcuked before you begin or your leaving yourself with lottery odds.

• Like 1

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And this is why lads with good stock hold it close so it dosent get prostituted and abused

If the decent blood wasn't passed on to idiots the terrier job wouldn't be in the state it's in now. I've tried to give out pups to lads I didn't know but all bar a few times I've regretted it, it's a

That's bollocks unless your in the special clique jog on you won't get a pup ! I have been gifted pups by men that haven't met me before other than a few pms and phone calls . Obviously they done t

Posted Images

I have seen a high percentage of real good terriers over many years... in the wrong hands... many times..over $$$$... money and terriers don't mix .

as soon as payment comes into it men get lazy or incompetent... that's just my thought... I don't want to offend anyone...

• Like 1

It's a bit of a bad argument comparing footballers or boxers kids to working bred animals. Is both the father and mother great boxers? probably not. we're their parents great boxers? Don't think so. We're they inbred to keep that boxing gene shining through? Only if they live in Wigan. These are all things I'd expect to see in a good terriers family tree and the very reason you've got a better chance of a good little grafter.

• Like 2

I don't think there are right or wrong answers , some things work for some other things work for others- that's why we all have different opinions because we've experienced different things so there for our opinions are based upon that. A good dog is a good dog a bad dog is a bad dog- simple! No magic solution there, it is what it is!

• Like 1

I secondly thought about others today while standing under a tree in the rain and woods today, the dog was in and on before I got there, no messing, no bark and probably no grips,,. My aunt that big but these, I want to be seen and heard, dogmen must be well used to digging holes everywhere with the big sizes of dogs and ego,

• Like 2

It's a bit of a bad argument comparing footballers or boxers kids to working bred animals. Is both the father and mother great boxers? probably not. we're their parents great boxers? Don't think so. We're they inbred to keep that boxing gene shining through? Only if they live in Wigan. These are all things I'd expect to see in a good terriers family tree and the very reason you've got a better chance of a good little grafter.

You've backed my post up... Parents probably weren't great boxers, if boxers at all-- so how would a great boxer have been produced.... Not all by dna anyway...

• Like 1

You've backed my post up... Parents probably weren't great boxers, if boxers at all-- so how would a great boxer have been produced.... Not all by dna anyway...
not necessarily sons of world champions make world champions but most boxers,footballers or other sports champions have family background in the same sport so the blood can be there and the drive and commitment and experience and skills learned from those around you. Blood won't always win alone. Edited by jiggy
  • Like 1

You're confusing raw physical performance with mental grit and determination. You could have the most perfect terrier on the planet physically, it won't help it when the chips are down and he's all alone in the dark. If what you say is anything like the truth you'd get a world better at every show......we all know how that ends

• Like 3

You're confusing raw physical performance with mental grit and determination. You could have the most perfect terrier on the planet physically, it won't help it when the chips are down and he's all alone in the dark. If what you say is anything like the truth you'd get a world better at every show......we all know how that ends

No one is confusing anything, I think the 'debate' is now of how do you create a working terrier... And I think the 'conclusion' is no one knows... Hh