Off Shore Work On Gas And Oil Rigs.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best thing he could do just now would be to find an alternative career. The oil industry is in huge decline at the moment, with thousands of jobs gone and thousands more at risk.I don't work offsh

I have been offshore for nearly 27 years and never known it this bad , i would say stay well away for a good few years yet because it is getting worse by the day , i have taken work at home

Yeah there are a few platforms being commissioned at the minute.   You can do specific offshore apprenticeships or you could do what I did and get a relevant trade/apprenticeship and experience ons

Hi all.

My 19 year old son has a interest in going working on the oil or gas rigs.

I know that some members on here does that for a living and was wondering would any one be able to tell me what type of courses, tickets or education he would need. And where would be the best place to go and do these things.

Any help would be well appreciated.

Atb j.

The best thing he could do just now would be to find an alternative career. The oil industry is in huge decline at the moment, with thousands of jobs gone and thousands more at risk.

I don't work offshore but do work within the sector.

There are a few on here that do work offshore, and I doubt they'd tell you any different.

Heard it on news last week/week before? Over thousand jobs wasn't it?
5 scaffolding mate have just been laid off of the rigs this week
Scaffolding ? Not just me that struggles with Predictive text then ,lol was it 5 thou?
I phones are wank hahaha yes 5 mates lol
  • Like 1

I`d be looking elsewhere.

There will be 7 new Nuclear power stations being built in England, I`d be looking at an industrial trade instead.

Offshore is not a good place right now and won`t be for a wee while yet. If I get the chance this year, I`m out of it.

• Like 1

I`d be looking elsewhere.

There will be 7 new Nuclear power stations being built in England, I`d be looking at an industrial trade instead.

Offshore is not a good place right now and won`t be for a wee while yet. If I get the chance this year, I`m out of it.

How long you been doing it rake,I remember you talking about it for awhile .

Never been in it for the money bud, only the time it allowed me to do things.

I`ve made a mint mind,, had the lot, fast cars watches, nice holidays, blah blah lol.

Hopefully making sure I have nowt to worry about when I go back to being skint, like I used to be haha

• Like 1

I have been offshore for nearly 27 years and never known it this bad , i would say stay well away for a good few years yet because it is getting worse by the day , i have taken work at home

Must be bad if your at home lol how's things mate you keeping well? How's the russle dog you hand reared ?

I`ve made a mint mind,, had the lot, fast cars watches, nice holidays, blah blah lol.

Hopefully making sure I have nowt to worry about when I go back to being skint, like I used to be haha

Would Grangemouth not be a good option for you?

I work offshore in the North Sea and its f***ed, 15% of the UK industry had already been paid off that's 65,000 men. Nobody working offshore has a safe job at the moment due to the down turn in oil prices and with Iran coming on line September time there is no foreseeable rise in oil prices . There is 1000s and 1000s of experienced men looking to get jobs back offshore.

• Like 1

Maybe mate. Bit of a commute though. Apparently they are a decent crowd to work with

Maybe mate. Bit of a commute though. Apparently they are a decent crowd to work with

Do some small jobs on it but not the shut downs mate and I never seemed too bad, what is it you do rake?