Body Working Lakies Or Red Fell Types

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a couple of working Lakies, fortunately for me I was lucky enough to keep my line going thanks to Kirstysdad who was kind enough to let me put his well proven Lakeland dog over my bitch, I sear

Some of are old stuff still working some of these today or stuff of them

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Omg I had a dog identical to Fieldsporthunter's in looks, a crackin dog for a few seasons but just stopped working like that......shocking!

The dog was never overmatched and at the time the earths were not too difficult, I've since heard from terrier boys I respect in my area that this was a trait in this type/line, this was maybe 20 years back and yet another learning curve, ha the best line type, breed arnt at the end of your phone, or in a mag , my friend just offered me a mating from a new dog he has of D.Rob, I wish he'd wake up and smell the roses :) my medicre dogs are better. The Holy Grail is out there boys, and it don't lye with pit bull crosses . :)

• Like 2

Sad but true, if you wanna fell Lakie type then ye best get ye hand in ye pocket and be prepared to take ye chances lol I know all pups are a chance but off an Internet pet shop then it really is a chance in my eyes, and I won't be paying 300 400 to find out. Lots of folk selling lakies or fells will gladly take your money but very few will entertain you when you ask to see parents graft. I understand not everything in life is free and if you want it pay for it, but when ther are men willing to gift you pups out a different type that are bred out of workers, why would anybody pay over the odds for a fell that is at best a pure pot luck pup off a stranger off the internet. That's why black dogs as more popular, more folk are confident in there line and are willing to share with other decent terrier men, whereas most fell or Lakie type breeders only want your cash

you still working them?

Omg I had a dog identical to Fieldsporthunter's in looks, a crackin dog for a few seasons but just stopped working like that......shocking!

The dog was never overmatched and at the time the earths were not too difficult, I've since heard from terrier boys I respect in my area that this was a trait in this type/line, this was maybe 20 years back and yet another learning curve, ha the best line type, breed arnt at the end of your phone, or in a mag , my friend just offered me a mating from a new dog he has of D.Rob, I wish he'd wake up and smell the roses :) my medicre dogs are better. The Holy Grail is out there boys, and it don't lye with pit bull crosses . :)

We all had high hopes for that dog Wolfy, real shame when he quit.

Na iv got an old bitch here that is a Bolting type but she past it now, I'd try more if right type turned up I think. Many slated Middleton but he was real good to me, like I said too many folk into this type expect silly money, and while iv bought almost all dogs iv had I refuse to pay silly money for a pup off parents most won't let you see in field, I'm actually undecided as to make this old one my last or get couple pups of other types as my lad is really getting terrier bug aswell now

thats it mate, hate the thoughts of spending an absolute fortune on one for it to not come from workers, which if I was to get one I'd def wanna see one of the parents work below, the Greed of money hungry peddlers have ruined most of them Edited by Lenmcharristar
  • Like 2