Mink Police

It was developed in Denmark where they can have traps out at long distances, too far to be practical to check every day. It has been used extensively in this country already in the Scottish Islands as part of their mink trapping program. Again the same issue, too much ground to cover and not enough people and it would seem that in that scenario it has been excepted as the daily legal check. This is because it sends a signal twice a day to confirm that it is still active and untriggered, so there is a failsafe.

In most of the UK I see it having a relatively limited trapping application - just situations where you really want to know as soon as possible when your trap has caught. Something like a fox cage in a sensitive semi-public area. The real benefit as I see it is being able to remotely monitor all sorts of rural assets, like stables or out buildings. Knowing when someone opens a gate in the middle of the night.

• Like 1

minkpolice looks a very nice unit, here is a cheapo alternative (not sure on depth)i think people have had success with these type when moved they activate a message ect ect

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MINI-SPY-Vehicle-GSM-GPRS-GPS-Tracker-Car-Vehicle-Tracking-Locator-Device-TK102B-/221994927010?hash=item33afedc3a2:g:~V0AAOSwFqJWl665

basically fits to trap door and the closure activates it,the message is then sent to your mobile, you can call it and listen to the animal in the cage,you can waterproof with a micro sealy tub, not sure about depth in water or if these work well at depth at all, my mate put me on to these years ago, the listing shown is just a example there are various types, you want the one that activates if moved,also the one with sensitivity setting.

they are cheap enough to have a go with if you need trap activation notification.

please remember this listing is a example you often have to message the sellers to get the finer details, i have seen them cheaper too in different styles i just didnt check em out, im still stoneage but know this majic :laugh:

We've used similar on the kennels my mate has .We've been unable to fund a position where dogs jumping up can't activate though .First day installed I travelled 50 miles from work thinking digs were being stolen ,very sensitive but would be ideal for anti theft in shed etc .

• 2 weeks later...

We've used similar on the kennels my mate has .We've been unable to fund a position where dogs jumping up can't activate though .First day installed I travelled 50 miles from work thinking digs were being stolen ,very sensitive but would be ideal for anti theft in shed etc .

thats the trouble is getting the sensitivity right, i thought about using them on live catch cages like fox cos they rattle around a bit they set the alert off and you get a text. they are sensitive devices, just shutting a car door can set em off.

i bet the old car or truck gotta clear out over that 50 miles