Pups Doing

Foxdropper you sound like one of the typical terrier world aristocracy who believe it would be a sin for little average Joe bloggs to get his hands on some decent blood. Yes Taz is taking a bit of a gamble by selling the odd pup to strangers which could comeback to bite him on his arse but it's a gamble well worth taking as he could be giving somebody years of fun and adding yet another much needed lifelong enthusiast to our sport.

Its clear to see he's no puppy peddlar so why don't you pull your head out your arse and take a leaf from his book and help somebody get a foot on the ladder or simply mind your own f***ing business?

You may yet eat your words lol.Ive given more dogs to strangers than i care to remember but no matter ,ive dared to bring up selling so im a c**t lol

If this is the case I'll be happy to eat my words, maybe if there was more lads about who are willing to put a little trust in folk and help educate them the terrier world wouldn't be in such a shit state.

Just for the record I too have never accepted a penny for the dogs/pups I've given to people but personally don't see the harm in somebody charging for a well bred pup.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taz, For me stick to what you got, graft em and do what yr doing. Share em carefully, don't be selfish and stupid like I did. When it started to go wrong I'd cornered myself and stupidly thought

The reason i whuld never sell a pup is once money's been passed over it is no longer your buissness and the man owes you no favours were as if you gift it.. for 1 you have the decision to who it go

Alright taz. Redge The dog I got off you around 3/4 seasons ago has never missed to this day! And he will never let me down to the day he dies, one hell of a dog with the heart of a lion. dug to him y

Posted Images

Anybody who would rather put down a well bred pup rather than sell it to someone trying to acquire some decent stuff is just a miserable twit who doesn't want anybody else having what they have , simple as, and once the dog has been bought its absolutely up to the new owner what they breed it to, no obligations unless it has been agreed on purchase, a lot of people on here slate kg,bn, gm as chasing coin...quick wake up call, without them selling dogs most of you wouldn't have the dogs you have now. Fact.

Bollox every word mate.Why would i want pups about that are surplus .The expresson surplus is one that is lost on those who cull nothing and sell .Worlds apart pal.

• Like 3

FD you come across as a genuine bloke and obviously worked terriers for many a year and I respect that but we all have differing views on the subject of gifting/selling pups. As a person who didn't know Taz from Adam prior to getting a pup I can assure you regardless of any moneys exchanged, the advice and information on the line and offers of days out and general crack with the man to me is priceless.. It was me who approached him wanting a pup after seeing a dog from his line and knowing it was the real deal. If a man spends valuable time and money rearing well bred pups that are in demand then why not make a few small quid for all your hard work over the years on a few pups that hadn't been spoken for.

At the end of the day i was a stranger wanting a pup from Taz's line and I fully expected to pay a working man's price, I now class Taz as a mate and a genuine terrier man always happy to help a man out as many others agree. Enjoy the rest of your season pal, Atb Wez

• Like 2

All this hype about selling pups is bollox in my opinion, why not sell? What of the guy who's not in any particular click?

Where does he go for a terrier if everyone gave to close friends and culled? Where did you get your original terriers?

If gifted where did they get them?

Ffs everyone has to start somewhere or gets to the stage they need fresh blood! Times are hard regarding finding quality stock so I for one have no problem paying for a decent pup!

I've been gifted dogs and I've given dogs away but to begrudge someone selling a couple of pups from a litter rather than cull is pathetic, most of the people on here spouting wouldn't give you the steam off their piss.

I for one have found my self struggling for terriers this last year or so and sourcing quality stock has been almost impossible, one lad gave me a quality bitch to put my old dog across and she whelped me a belting pair of pups another lad gifted me a white dog, and I bought my pup off taz, all of which I'm greatful to!

It all sounds hypocritical to me, I'm hoping now that I should be fine but we've all sat there thinking yeah I'm sorted and then before you know it your back to square one for various reasons, losses, not making the grade, outright jackers or even non starters!

But hey with all these guys on here willing to gift there well bred pups all I need do is give you all a nudge, but I'm pretty confident that I'll get little if any response!

Atb Thrush.

• Like 6

I have never bred a litter of dogs in my life FD just for the record. I have however been around working breeds all my life and haven't yet felt the need to breed.

If the time came when I needed a pup from a dog or bitch that had proven it's self and excelled at their job I may consider it, my circles are small and the lads who a hunt, shoot and work both terriers and lurchers with all have good stock so the only time I would breed would be if there was a demand and more importantly if I myself wanted a pup back to keep a line going.

If I had a litter of say 6 pups from tested earth dogs and after sorting my close pals out with say four of the pups I would certainly offer the other two for sale, if the breedings right and from genuine stuff it could be the break any youngster or individual having a bad run with failed dogs need? That person may be a stranger so it's a risk you take, a small price to cover rearing costs etc wouldn't be an issue surely?

• Like 4

Anybody who would rather put down a well bred pup rather than sell it to someone trying to acquire some decent stuff is just a miserable twit who doesn't want anybody else having what they have , simple as, and once the dog has been bought its absolutely up to the new owner what they breed it to, no obligations unless it has been agreed on purchase, a lot of people on here slate kg,bn, gm as chasing coin...quick wake up call, without them selling dogs most of you wouldn't have the dogs you have now. Fact.

Bollox every word mate.Why would i want pups about that are surplus .The expresson surplus is one that is lost on those who cull nothing and sell .Worlds apart pal.

oh so right pal, every word you speak is bollox, fantasy bollox actually, but yes we are worlds apart, i do not need to be in a very select special little clique where only my very special dogs go to a very special few to feel ok and all special myself, me i would rather sell a healthy pup to someone after a dog, win win to me, oh and before you roll out the obligatory must be peddlar rhetoric, i have sold about 18 pups in 35 yrs of breeding and digging (oh how very naughty)

• Like 2

Taz you've sold 4 PUPS in 13 years 4 PUPS don't think your exactly making a living from your terriers lol

I can't get over how much s#ite one man is stirring over 4 PUPS being sold.

There more too this than meets the eye from your man foxdropper maybe something to do with the fact your terriers came from the same source and are very similar in type

You don't see this crap about Plummer terrier £300 plus per pup

Taz seems fairly fortunate, his dogs if the going well and a few lads around him who are genuine enough. There none or not many like that, and people who are truthful. Selling or giving dogs unless your both straight the no point, unless for other reasons, the far too many to take advantage, buy them off you, sell them on or same as free,. Thats there aim start to finish. My man give me a dog, he said boy you have the first and the last of him and if he know good pull the trigger. All the other men I met, only dirt in the game

• Like 3

My terrier bitch just had a litter of pups keeping one my self and gifted 4 to friends only 2 an half weeks old ,They were gone be4 they were born ,but if I had any left over I would sell to a man in need at working mans price and if the pup didn't make the grade then I would give the price of the pup back to the man tha payed for it,,

• Like 4

My terrier bitch just had a litter of pups keeping one my self and gifted 4 to friends only 2 an half weeks old ,They were gone be4 they were born ,but if I had any left over I would sell to a man in need at working mans price and if the pup didn't make the grade then I would give the price of the pup back to the man tha payed for it,,

any pics of your pups mister atb AT
dont know how to put them up mate ,

thats spot on. I bred one of my dogs parents and the pric who bought it wouldn't sell back had it killed or sold on before it was mature and he had another two pups, next to nothing 50,and less, for food,needles, graft,. I got fuc all back of the dirty twat, and he was buying all stuff in and getting people to get his foot in the door

The reason i whuld never sell a pup is once money's been passed over it is no longer your buissness and the man owes you no favours were as if you gift it.. for 1 you have the decision to who it goes and 2 if his dog ends up best in the litter you no you can get a breeding back down the line that for me is worth a lot more than the money you will get selling it

• Like 12

The reason i whuld never sell a pup is once money's been passed over it is no longer your buissness and the man owes you no favours were as if you gift it.. for 1 you have the decision to who it goes and 2 if his dog ends up best in the litter you no you can get a breeding back down the line that for me is worth a lot more than the money you will get selling it

Bang on that zilver! Sure some men if decent lads will still try to go back to the breeder for advice on breeding if need be or selling back the pup if not wanted but not all in fact not many, most I'd say if no good would be sold on then round and round. But gifted with the condition that if not wanted then it's returned then the breeder can do what he feels best for that dog/pup. Again taz this is not just digs at you or anyone with dogs from you just good debate on selling and gifting of pups

• Like 2