Pups Doing

On the subject of selling pups I think its down to the man doing the breeding, if he wants to take the time to breed a bitch,9 weeks and then another 8 to rear them at a fair cost then good luck to whatever he wants to do with them, I've kept and bred terriers for over 45yrs and I don't live in a small village were I know everybody working terriers and we can keep them tight amongst just a few friends but a large northern town were I cannot possibly know every decent terrier man or would be terrier man, there are 65 million people living in great britain and if I take the time to breed a bitch then its up to me what I do with the offspring,the same goes for Taz or Foxdropper,I don't think Taz has overly mated any of his terriers and is only into the 3rd generation after 16yrs,so commercial he definitely is NOT. Foxdropper ,I've read a lot of your posts since around 2009 and still cannot understand whats behind your thinking in todays modern times, culling excess was an old fashioned thing that could be explained when breeders where setting themselves up to sell a commodity, a lot of the commercial terrier men that have sold large numbers still do it, some never sold a bitch and culled the excess and some only sold castrated males, others just bought and sold anything that looked like their stuff in the pursuit of "mucho dinero" whilst keeping their better stuff for close friends and personal use. I could never cull myself as you could be killing the next best terrier and see nothing wrong in selling a few to keep the mrs sweet, I have always gave her the money as that way we both win, I get to breed when its needed and she gets a few bob for handbags,shoes,etc, and lads that want a terrier get what they want, I see that as a win,win,win situation,thats only my opinion but it is similar to many other lads and we all have to start somewhere buying a dog,even the old boys that started you bought from nuttall, I would think both yours and taz's lines would be of very similar stamp and blood anyway, really not worth arguing about as your best days are behind you now like most of us, your in sport, Plucky

• Like 1

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taz, For me stick to what you got, graft em and do what yr doing. Share em carefully, don't be selfish and stupid like I did. When it started to go wrong I'd cornered myself and stupidly thought

The reason i whuld never sell a pup is once money's been passed over it is no longer your buissness and the man owes you no favours were as if you gift it.. for 1 you have the decision to who it go

Alright taz. Redge The dog I got off you around 3/4 seasons ago has never missed to this day! And he will never let me down to the day he dies, one hell of a dog with the heart of a lion. dug to him y

Posted Images

Foxdropper you sound like one of the typical terrier world aristocracy who believe it would be a sin for little average Joe bloggs to get his hands on some decent blood. Yes Taz is taking a bit of a gamble by selling the odd pup to strangers which could comeback to bite him on his arse but it's a gamble well worth taking as he could be giving somebody years of fun and adding yet another much needed lifelong enthusiast to our sport.

Its clear to see he's no puppy peddlar so why don't you pull your head out your arse and take a leaf from his book and help somebody get a foot on the ladder or simply mind your own f***ing business?

You may yet eat your words lol.Ive given more dogs to strangers than i care to remember but no matter ,ive dared to bring up selling so im a c**t lol

I know neither man and have no opinion on selling the odd pup. But what I will say is that fd is true to his word and did offer to gift me a pup a good while ago but I had just got my young dog

• Like 1

I've never met you fox dropper but your post come through as genuine and knowledgeable about both stalking and terriers, and I see your points on selling dogs, but if someone messaged you from this site asking for a pup would you give him one ( and no, I'm not asking for a pup but be careful how you answer or your inbox might get full very quick). I know how hard it can be to get decent stock, but I fell on my feet and got in with two lads who took me under their wing, shared dogs, permission and introduced me to other like minded people. Without these lads I would of had to of bought in, so I really don't see the problem of selling excess stock as long as the goal is better working terriers for the future. At the same time any dogs sold you can say good bye to because you then have lost all rights to the dog, but if you pts a pup it's no different as far as your own kennel goes

• Like 3

Foxdropper i understand why you disagree with selling pups and wanting a favour in the future in return for free, thats your morals. But i dont understand culling well bred pups when theres genuine people out there who would give an arm and a leg for one.

thing is lads i asked how the pups were doing only 4 were sold all four replied what would the post have been like if they replied and they all jacked,if i had left over dogs from a litter i would sell again why not i bought dogs origionally and paid good money then i charged each lads not stupid money they could now be holding better dogs than what i kept and i say good luck to them all decent litter left over pups should be sold and it will keep the shite out the game and stop this puppy peddling fd you seem a decent bloke you ever down my way offers there whenever ya fancy a day out all the best lads

• Like 5

Just for the record Nuttal started as just another terrierman and GAVE stock away in the early days .I have nothing but respect for his early days but the last 20 has belittled him in my opinion .

The reason for culling pups that arnt wanted is exactly that nothing more .I and many more will see a litter as progress and not what ifs so ive no second thoughts on whats culled at all .

timmy k ,i do get pms but choose which to answer .In my own opinion a gifted terrier is an investment not a quick turnover and i know i can advise choice of breeding without any awkward money ties .This thread is about Taz 's dogs though so lets get back to them ,im a fan .

• Like 5

FD my pal who took a dog from Taz years back is wanting to use him to a bitch, the dog has more than proven worthy and as Taz previously mentioned earlier he might have the ideal bitch for him. So i would say yes Taz does have an intrest in what they are bred too, I personally wouldn't line a dog without speaking to the man who bred it, I think it's courtesy more than anything, having had the line years he would be the person to advise on the correct bitch.. Atb wez

Just as an footnote Taz ,do you show any interest in what your sold stock are bred to .Not an argument just interested .

• Like 9

not really mate the lad own the dogs if they want to mess the breeding up thats there mistake,like a few stated if i need a line the dogs there but a few lads i dig with have the brother and sister to my own so not really required think the lads who got them were decent lads one was highly recommended who then recommended another, another was a friend of a friend so hopefully they know what to do to keep a good bloodline fingers crossed,i promised 1 who bought a dog a bitch to put the dog over to keep the line strong and i will keep my word but like i say i never sold to idiots atb

• Like 1

FD my pal who took a dog from Taz years back is wanting to use him to a bitch, the dog has more than proven worthy and as Taz previously mentioned earlier he might have the ideal bitch for him. So i would say yes Taz does have an intrest in what they are bred too, I personally wouldn't line a dog without speaking to the man who bred it, I think it's courtesy more than anything, having had the line years he would be the person to advise on the correct bitch.. Atb wez

Just as an footnote Taz ,do you show any interest in what your sold stock are bred to .Not an argument just interested .

glad ya feel like that mate much appreciated

• Like 1

not really mate the lad own the dogs if they want to mess the breeding up thats there mistake,like a few stated if i need a line the dogs there but a few lads i dig with have the brother and sister to my own so not really required think the lads who got them were decent lads one was highly recommended who then recommended another, another was a friend of a friend so hopefully they know what to do to keep a good bloodline fingers crossed,i promised 1 who bought a dog a bitch to put the dog over to keep the line strong and i will keep my word but like i say i never sold to idiots atb

Does it not concern you that your stock might be put to unsuitable stuff and peddled as yours.

• Like 1

Anybody who would rather put down a well bred pup rather than sell it to someone trying to acquire some decent stuff is just a miserable twit who doesn't want anybody else having what they have , simple as, and once the dog has been bought its absolutely up to the new owner what they breed it to, no obligations unless it has been agreed on purchase, a lot of people on here slate kg,bn, gm as chasing coin...quick wake up call, without them selling dogs most of you wouldn't have the dogs you have now. Fact.

• Like 6