Abbeyfeale Harriers Annual Hunting Festival

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Abbeyfeale Harriers Annual Hunting Festival 2016 MEET CARD Sunday 14th February – The Strand Bar, Strand, Co. Limerick The South Tipperary Harriers   Monday 15th February – Walsh’s Bar, Knockn

thats true houndman but you have to focus on the good packs and stay in the pub when the bad packs are out. There are a lot of more decent packs that could be invited, For anyone who has no knowledg

you think they'd be more sickened by the ban? at least in Ireland you can relax and enjoy hunting with hounds wether it's good or as often happens bad.

Well some of the packs in it this year did hunt well enough to catch foxes. If some can do it why cant others ? NOT GOOD ENOUGH Yeah a pack of harriers that would account for fox after fox and theyre not asked to be in it anymore,

a pity when you see some of the packs that are asked !!

im wondering also who it is pablo and i also coming up wit md........ have seen these hounds hunt many times an no doubt they are serious on there day when everything goes right...no doubt they are the best in the business an the man himself is a fanatic.... but these hounds hav bad days too an [BANNED TEXT] it goes wrong it can be complete mess...this mans hounds are bred with serious drive an are hunted 4 or 5 days a wk an that way he is able to break them down an get them to work steadily....these hounds would not suit most packs who hunt 1 day a wk as they would be stone mad an wreck ur head....its horses for courses really....as i heard a good huntsman saying lately [BANNED TEXT] debating foxhounds an harriers..show me the perfect hound and il buy him

• Like 1

I did see this west cork pack in the festival some years ago and they were brilliant in action, but as been said they are out a few days a week.

I followed one of the packs that did catch their fox during their day hunting this year at the festival a few seasons ago, just for a day, and while we had good crack and saw a few bits of hunting they wernt blinding on the day. Packs cant guarentee how they will perform on the day. I know for a fact that the men who put their packs out on friday had a meet prior to heading to the festival and had a good steady day, hunting well and marking 5 out of 6 foxes to ground. Harrier i hope you can advise us all which day to head to the festival next year to see brilliant hunting.

• Like 1

kinda presumed thats who you were talking about pablo when you first said it. yeah of course he has bad days completely understand what goliath is saying about him and his hounds hunting steadily after a lot of hunting but fair is fair the best should be at the festival and i can guarantee he would of put on some display on the friday this year if he was in the festival given the lovely country and conditions. Would be a lot better to watch than the shite that was there.

irishfoxhunter dont be so silly how could anyone advise on what days to go to the festival next year........theres no schedule for it yet......but if theres one pack in it that have been the last few years and have been SHITE every time then i could advise anyone not to come this direction for that day

you say packs cant guarantee how they will perform on a day..........most packs worth their salt are fit and on form at that stage in the season.....the shite ones have excuses ready

As for having a good day and marking 5 out of 6 foxes.........really ??.............i personally would have to see it to believe it with that particular set of hounds or did they leave the better hounds at home when they came to the festival conditions were good enough on the friday .....foxes were there .....but decent hounds werent there the conditions were the same as the day before and that meet went well

Look im no expert.........but i just think that we need to be critical to breed and keep better hounds......its a festival.......bring the best......draw a crowd.....raise more cap for a good cause................Leave the shite at home to make up stories of fairytale days that never happen

• Like 1

i dont want to offend anyone so i hope i havnt............at my stage in life i can assure you theres no chip on my shoulder

you obviously know the packs personally that attempted to hunt on the friday irishfoxhunter.

I have nothing against anyone involved.........i just compare the hounds to the packs local to me and to be honest im not on my own in my opinions.

There was good sound from the packs at times but they couldnt drag a line no length and gave up on it far too quick when they lost scent. Wouldnt at all be impressed with their drive.....didnt come across hungry for hunting, wouldnt like to be depending on them hounds to search cover to find.....they came across as lazy or maybe they were just all very very tired on the day.... :whistling: ........cant be a big following for that nonsense

As a follower said to me they should save the best until last not the worst. All that being said if these packs are happy to keep these hounds and get hunting like that then thats their business but surely theyve looked at other packs and said to themselves What are we at ? :thumbdown:

• Like 1