Life Then Death ?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ooooooo,,,good question...   If my time were up now,,,I would be kicking up a fuss and refusing to go,,,lol

No! I've got young kids ,I need to see them grow up and become adults ,then I will be .

The way I look at it is, I have done my part, raised my children to adulthood I am, baby sitting apart, superfluous to requirement. So when it does come I am ready, whenever that may be.   What does

Cushty so where's the relevance to broken mirrors and bad luck ?

Last experience I had there was a mirror in a scrap pile with a cromed surround and i was sorting heavy to light so picked it up and threw it with the light smashed mirror all over the place later that night I get a mates van knackered on the fury v Wvlad night so I'm there at nine pm trying to get things sorted asap was a stream next to the yard where scrap was so as soon as van sorted following Monday returned with a shoe box picked broken mirror up and flowed down stream haven't had another run of bad luck since

• Like 1

A friend of our family recently celebrated her 92nd birthday. I jokingly mentioned the old "telegram from the Queen" thing, and she said to me........

"The only person who wants to live to to see 100, is someone who's 99 !"

Edited by Blackbriar
  • Like 5

ive lived most of my life carefree. and done a lot of stuff just for the pleasure. now i'm getting older i'm working like a dog to catch up. i just hope i do catch up before they come to get me. one things for sure. is after a couple of scares. it makes you realise how precious life is. and anyone with a survival instinct has a healthy fear of dieing. they will need to drag me screaming and kicking becous i'm bricking it. also you aint done becouse you have raised kids. you also have to guide them with there offspring before your done. nice cheery thread. cheers

• Like 2

Absolutely not, and I never will be.

I`d be happy going out at 96 doing 125mph on a lefthander, one hand on the throttle the other on my dick with a big cigar puffing away,

but I`d still want more time to do whatever I haven`t tried.

I`ll never live long enough, no matter how long I live.

• Like 1

No!

I've got young kids ,I need to see them grow up and become adults ,then I will be .

do you think they'll ever be a time when you think that's it I can go now I've seen enough ? No matter how old your children grow
I suppose It depends , i don't think anybody who is of sound mind and health will go yes I'm happy to go , everyday is an experience no matter your age . I think when people face certain death their mind set determines how they react , not what they have achieved or done in life . Some people except death far more readily than others .
  • Like 2

I wouldn't want eternal life, eternal life would be hard, unless your'e a proper selfish c**t, you'd have to watch everybody you love die, time and time again, how much of that could anybody take? Dying is the natural order of things, i don't like it, but no use worrying about things you cant change is it.

• Like 1

At 26 I'm nowhere near ready yet, had a pretty bad health scare towards back end of 2015 and it really put a few things in perspective.

The ONLY thing that was going through my mind was watching my 6 year old girl grow into a woman, get a decent job, settle down in her own house and have kids of her own.

When I've seen that it won't matter as much I don't think.

• Like 1

At 26 I'm nowhere near ready yet, had a pretty bad health scare towards back end of 2015 and it really put a few things in perspective.

The ONLY thing that was going through my mind was watching my 6 year old girl grow into a woman, get a decent job, settle down in her own house and have kids of her own.

When I've seen that it won't matter as much I don't think.

My youngest is 26, and she moved out last Friday, as you say once they have made their own way, at that age you cannot make decisions for them, your job is done! But that will be a good few years away for you yet. You will have some real scares in the meantime that will put things into perspective. But once the last one goes their own way, you will not believe the weight that comes off your shoulders. It is the natural order, we are born we propagate the species and then we die. Life in a sentence.

TC

• Like 1