Life Then Death ?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ooooooo,,,good question...   If my time were up now,,,I would be kicking up a fuss and refusing to go,,,lol

No! I've got young kids ,I need to see them grow up and become adults ,then I will be .

The way I look at it is, I have done my part, raised my children to adulthood I am, baby sitting apart, superfluous to requirement. So when it does come I am ready, whenever that may be.   What does

Cushty,i broke a mirror last night but when i left the house this morning i trod in gypsy shit in my front garden ,will this cancel out the mirrors bad luck ?

No sense asking him. Did you not see his Capt Oates topic? 'I'm going offline. I may be some time.'

oh i thought we still had his wisdom till the weekend?

Well last September I lost my younger brother he was 35 very fit strong and very healthy died of adult cot death truth be known its knocked me up as I always stated to him life is to short to argue and fall out we could be dead tomorrow now that statement as turned round and bit me on my arse ... So when it comes to meeting my maker I will face him with a smile hopefully all the wrongs in my life have been rectified with all the rights ??

I dont buy this carefree " if my times up its up " attitude that some folk like to give off ive seen a number of physically and mentally tough people with attitudes like that who once in that position did whatever it took to stay alive our instinct for survival is often a different thing to what we think it will be....if it wasnt and we did stroll through life with this " let the chips fall where they may " mentality then most of us wouldnt be reaching the end of the week let alone our 60,s/70,s and 80,s !.......Being aware of our own safety is an instinct theres nothing wrong with being afraid to die its not soft or weak its just real.......if a person is not bothered about dying they cant have much to live for in my opinion.....and that really is a shame.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2

I dont buy this carefree " if my times up its up " attitude that some folk like to give off ive seen a number of physically and mentally tough people with attitudes like that who once in that position did whatever it took to stay alive our instinct for survival is often a different thing to what we think it will be....if it wasnt and we did stroll through life with this " let the chips fall where they may " mentality then most of us wouldnt be reaching the end of the week let alone our 60,s/70,s and 80,s !.......Being aware of our own safety is an instinct theres nothing wrong with being afraid to die its not soft or weak its just real.......if a person is not bothered about dying they cant have much to live for in my opinion.....and that really is a shame.

true , life is a gift that norm people will try to old on to. my mother- in -law had real hard short life, had 3 strokes , diabetes , blind, and had her leg off . yet on her last day of life ,she still tried to live fighting for her last breath before she went. so life is precious to all strong and weak, even though my mind seems to harp on the past, and not the future , I still like to stretch it out as long as I can go on for if reasonably pain free . :yes:

I'd like to see my little uns make adulthood and the morgage payed off for the wife,then I don't mind,when the big man upstairs says it's time to go you dont have a choice,last few months a few folk I know have lost teenage sons in car accidents,wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy -not right if your kids go before you,that would finish me if I'm honest.atb dc

I'd like to see my little uns make adulthood and the morgage payed off for the wife,then I don't mind,when the big man upstairs says it's time to go you dont have a choice,last few months a few folk I know have lost teenage sons in car accidents,wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy -not right if your kids go before you,that would finish me if I'm honest.atb dc

Very true dc, couldnt bear thinking of it.

Been thinking about this today, in one way your right, people will usually do what it takes to keep themselves going. I do myself, I take tablets that keep me alive, should I develop other illnesses that can be controlled by tablets then by feck I am going to take them. But there will come a time where no amount of tablets or therapy will help.

As a realist I have been mentally preparing for that day, since I was 12 year old and my father died. We do not live forever, fact, we will all die one day, fact, we would all like it to be later rather than sooner, fact. People who deny their own mortality are only fooling themselves. Just because you accept that one day you are going to die, does not mean that you do not want to live before that day.

As I stated earlier my life's goals have been achieved, I am not a materialistic person I don't need a fast car, or the latest telly, a big house or any other material thing that people measure success by these days. I have raised three kids to adulthood who have turned out fairly normal, two have children of their own. They are all independent have their own houses and making their own way in life. I consider my life's work done. So when my time does come I will die with a smile on my face.

TC

No!

I've got young kids ,I need to see them grow up and become adults ,then I will be .

mate exactly what my wife said on her death bed , and exactly what I say now x

she had one wish when she knew she was dieing , and this was exactly it , too put things into perpective love and live like its your lastx