Life Then Death ?

I'm 30 now with a 5 year old boy and 4 year old girl . I wasted a lot of my youth and young adulthood doing fuckall of any use to myself and then met my Mrs and ended up with 2 kids. At the moment I'm happy with myself, being a normal person with bills hobbies and a family is never what I wanted for myself but as it came to me j realised its what I needed. Always wanted to live for the moment and do what I wanted when I wanted but was never any good at it and ended up with fuckall and a bit of a div. now I'm head of my family and people look to me for most things and I'm incredibly happy to be that person now. I want to see my boy grow and become a better version of me . I want To see my little girl grow and be a happy person. I don't care what she does all I hope for her is she isn't a slag .

Best bit of advice I ever heard but it was to late in my life for it

" decide who you want to be in life and what you want to achieve and make steps to becoming that person , don't let life knock you into a random person"

At this point in my life I'm content after years of shite and theirs no way I'd be happy going now . I kind of feel I'm owed the rest of my life (whatever's left) as it's taken me too long and to much time wasted to get here

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ooooooo,,,good question...   If my time were up now,,,I would be kicking up a fuss and refusing to go,,,lol

No! I've got young kids ,I need to see them grow up and become adults ,then I will be .

The way I look at it is, I have done my part, raised my children to adulthood I am, baby sitting apart, superfluous to requirement. So when it does come I am ready, whenever that may be.   What does

I'm 30 now with a 5 year old boy and 4 year old girl . I wasted a lot of my youth and young adulthood doing fuckall of any use to myself and then met my Mrs and ended up with 2 kids. At the moment I'm happy with myself, being a normal person with bills hobbies and a family is never what I wanted for myself but as it came to me j realised its what I needed. Always wanted to live for the moment and do what I wanted when I wanted but was never any good at it and ended up with fuckall and a bit of a div. now I'm head of my family and people look to me for most things and I'm incredibly happy to be that person now. I want to see my boy grow and become a better version of me . I want To see my little girl grow and be a happy person. I don't care what she does all I hope for her is she isn't a slag .

Best bit of advice I ever heard but it was to late in my life for it

" decide who you want to be in life and what you want to achieve and make steps to becoming that person , don't let life knock you into a random person"

At this point in my life I'm content after years of shite and theirs no way I'd be happy going now . I kind of feel I'm owed the rest of my life (whatever's left) as it's taken me too long and to much time wasted to get here

It's called growing up, we have all done it, some have taken longer than other but we all get there in the end. There is an old saying that's very true. Youth is wasted on the young.

TC

• Like 3

I wouldn't want eternal life, eternal life would be hard, unless your'e a proper selfish c**t, you'd have to watch everybody you love die, time and time again, how much of that could anybody take? Dying is the natural order of things, i don't like it, but no use worrying about things you cant change is it.

Was it Bertrand Russell ? "The only thing worse than dying, would be not dying."

• Like 2

I wouldn't like not seeing my 3 lads grow up and do ok in life.

But I'm not afraid of the reaper at all no point worrying about it.

I was 19 working on a tele handler.building site fork lift.just sitting there having a break a very strong chest pain started and spread to my neck I couldn't hardly move my head left or right from the chest up I had instantly swollen abut 1".ended up in A&E told the reception within a minute I was surrounded with white coats put on a bed and pushed into a room.

They wired me up to a machine and within a few minutes the doctor said to me that the area surrounding my heart was swelling and squashing my heart.i remember stareing at the ceiling and the feeling of dying. and all though being surrounded by doctors the feeling of being lonely and shit scared it me like a brick convinced nobody could stop me dying even If they wanted to.it turned out that air had leaked from my lung and filled up under my skin when my chest and neck was pushed it sounded like that bubble wrap popping about 4 days later the air had seeped through my skin and I've been ok since.

But nothing in my life has scared me like that and nothing else will come near it.

I accept that I could go anytime and the THOUGHT does not faze me one bit. If I was REALLY confronted with death who knows? I certainly still have many many things I want to do but if my time was up I feel I have been honest with myself and I can go happily knowing that. In saying that I do not plan on going easily. Atvb.

I wouldn't want eternal life, eternal life would be hard, unless your'e a proper selfish c**t, you'd have to watch everybody you love die, time and time again, how much of that could anybody take? Dying is the natural order of things, i don't like it, but no use worrying about things you cant change is it.

Was it Bertrand Russell ? "The only thing worse than dying, would be not dying."

Sounds like Bertrand Russell BB? My favourite is Mark Twain............"I was dead for billions of years, and it never caused me the slightest inconvenience" :laugh:

• Like 1

Sounds like Bertrand Russell BB? My favourite is Mark Twain............"I was dead for billions of years, and it never caused me the slightest inconvenience" :laugh:

Aye mate, cause you never had life first, lol

Aye mate, cause you never had life first, lol

Looks like you're under the misconception of "self" mate :laugh: Life is life, individual consciousness just kicks in at random, and means very little in the grand scheme of things ;) One day down the line, life will regard Steve Jobs as a creator, churches will be built in the shape of an apple maybe :laugh:

If I could hear in departing "he was a good father/husband/son/brother/friend" I would be content ..

Of course, as a Christian - the ultimate goal is to leave in confidence that you have served your Lord and Saviour well, not oneself .. I like the poem:

"Two little lines I heard one day,

Traveling along life's busy way;

Bringing conviction to my heart,

And from my mind would not depart;

Only one life, 'twill soon be past,

Only what's done for Christ will last."

• Like 1

And I've got to say, I do love the "once you die that's it" brigade, my old man use to say that .. Stating it in any form is for me a waste of energy, no one has died, found out there is nothing else and now is living to tell us so! .. Excuse my humour, but to live and die, then cease to exist?!? So, what was all that about!?! Oh no, you wouldn't be conscious - pointless ..

I do admit, the thought of living for eternity in this old 'fallen' wreck is not all that appealing, but to live in a redeemed and glorified body, in a world free from sin .. That could be something special .. No wonder the apostle Paul said of the world to come "and he heard things that cannot be told, which man may not utter".

• Like 2