Cogswell And Harrison Over And Under

A tidy second hand beretta, browning, winchester 101, miroku etc would be a strong buy. Or an aya no.4 or no.2 if you're into SxS guns.

The windsor :thumbdown: unless you can get a second hand one for under £500 IMO

Already shoot a Berretta Silver Pigeon game gun ,.bought it nearly 21 years ago brand spanking new , I was told it was one of the first into the country. :hmm: .

At that time I shot in The British Open , when I had more time and money to practice and travel and Beretta where there showing the launch of the new model off.

Although I do shoot it a lot , I am still interested in a new , decent game gun for the above reasons.

I'm not that new to shooting I've only had a license for 35 years , so am just getting the hang of it. ;)

But I am very interested to know why you do not rate these guns , to me they look and feel too good for the money , hence the reason I have asked for valued opinions from any one who has tried one.

Edited by Rowan

No worries mate , I take nothing to heart , one word of advice to anyone who posts is though , You never know who you are posting too :hmm: .

Think I will give it ago , but in no rush to do so , may wait until after the shooting show next month.

• Like 1

I've got a Cogswell & Harrison Windsor game, I bought it new last May and it's not missed a beat.

Ahh , good , some one who has one ...

What are you using it for mate , game and pigeons ?

How fast handling is it compared to other guns you have used .

thanks..

I've got a Cogswell & Harrison Windsor game, I bought it new last May and it's not missed a beat.

Ahh , good , some one who has one ...

What are you using it for mate , game and pigeons ?

How fast handling is it compared to other guns you have used .

thanks..

Hi Rowan,

I'm using it for rough shooting and some pest control. It handles really well, it's well balanced and comes to the shoulder nicely. Only other gun I use is a hushpower 20 bore, and compared to that it's a dream to use, but a branch would be a dream to use compared to that. It's the first gun I bought when I reapplied for my licence, I'd taken a break from shooting for a few years because of family commitments etc, so don't have anything to directly compare it too, sorry. That said though it's not missed a beat since I've had it. I've got it choked at half and quarter and use Black Gold 32 gram load 5 shot and it's never let me down. Only concern I'd have with it for pigeons is whether a 28" barrel would be better suited to hide work, but if you're happy enough with a 30" then you certainly won't have any issues with it Rowan. As has been said, on the surface it appears a lot of gun for the dollar, and that's how it is in reality too.

Forgot to add; normally with a gun of this price range you'd expect perhaps the woodwork to not be up to the quality of more expensive guns, but on the contrary it was the first thing that caught my eye on this particular one. Sorry the picture's not the best.

23705851135_14c5926527_b.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks mate , the gun I looked at was 28" barrels they make them in both 30" & 28".

The thing about this gun that drew my attention is how similar it is to a silver pigeon , infact the for the slim forend and stock are almost identical .

As you've said and I have mentioned it just seems a lot of gun for the money , usually if anything is too good to be true stay clear , BUT this really has me wondering.

I'm far from new to field sports and have a pest control business , I've shot all manner of firearms from a young age both competitively and for my own enjoyment.

However i'm willing to give something new to the market a decent go , it will certainly be put to work as a shoot about 10,000 cartridges a year !!

• Like 1