Purse Net Making

I used a similar pattern (starting and finishing with 2x 8's with 4 straight rows in the middle) and did some 4 ft nets and a batch of 3ft as well which have been great amongst the brambles and hawthorn.

Biggest tip I can give based on what I learned is concentrate! All my mistakes came when I got a bit complacent and started knitting while I watched TV or had a conversation with someone!

Biggest tip I can give based on what I learned is concentrate! All my mistakes came when I got a bit complacent and started knitting while I watched TV or had a conversation with someone!

Thats a fact i did it the other day i was showing someone and i was just knitting away while saying its easy once you get the nack off and i got to the end of the row and i had missed a mesh half way along. Luckily they didnt notice but i still felt like a plonker lol.

Yes i am on facebook there is some good groups on there, i am currently making 4ft nets but think they are bit to big for the hedge rows i work, do you get a nice shape to the net you have described?

This is shape it gives you pal n ha e you joined rabbit net making advice?

post-87353-0-01670100-1452530957.jpg

I have just started to make my own purse nets at the moment i am youtube taught, i am after any tips on whats the best shapes and number of row ect for a all around net any tips or help would be appriecated

Edited by chelsea

Yes i am on facebook there is some good groups on there, i am currently making 4ft nets but think they are bit to big for the hedge rows i work, do you get a nice shape to the net you have described?

I acquired some nets the a while back four foot too two foot six, now these two foot six ones look really tiny only fifteen knots wide. Anyway we tried them (my mate more than me) in tight places in brambles and black thorn tight hedges and they catch really well no extra net to get tangled up. Took me a while to have faith in them little nets. Maybe worth a try.

Cheers Arry

i use little nets to but for side of river they cacth well just fifteen yards of mono , lol bets nets are ones with plenty bagging ,3foot 6 minimun ,thta yellow twine mick dad has is good stuff befor that we used irish linnen , and thick four ply spun nylon good stuff