Yes I hear he offers a 24 hour warranty on all his work lol

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

get cushty he throw a coat of tarmac over it cheap.lol

I did rendering jobs with my Dad that are still sound after 35 years or so, proper scratch coat, well finished top coat, water proofer in both, no worries.

It's an expensive way to repair the gable but with the family expanding the way it has it needed doing. I'm tempted to keep the big living room for myself though with a fish tank and a no girls allowe

Posted Images

I have a old house with much the same issues , just had a guy in and waiting for the quote, what I would want to know is the Tyrolean dashing worth having, also does anyone have the external insulation on, I was told it is worse as it locks damp in,

Not yet fella. Arrival of little one meant money has been spent elsewhere. I think this year may be me up the ladder patching what I can with a view to saving up for next year.

I'm in the same boat too. I got a rough quote for about 2500 off one plasterer who was going to spray on the K.rend stuff but I hear different reviews on it. It's bloody expensive too.

Not yet fella. Arrival of little one meant money has been spent elsewhere. I think this year may be me up the ladder patching what I can with a view to saving up for next year.

I'm in the same boat too. I got a rough quote for about 2500 off one plasterer who was going to spray on the K.rend stuff but I hear different reviews on it. It's bloody expensive too.

I work in construction and the k rend was the best thing since sliced bread when it came out. now my build colleagues are revisiting a lot of jobs because of issues cracking and colour going patchy. From what I hear it wont be used anymore at our firm and they are a national firm. That said there is usually issues with any render from what Im told.

I have been mulling allsorts over in my head. even building a new facing to the house infront if the existing walls so I do have a cavity and the house will be brickwork instead of render.

I work in construction and the k rend was the best thing since sliced bread when it came out. now my build colleagues are revisiting a lot of jobs because of issues cracking and colour going patchy. From what I hear it wont be used anymore at our firm and they are a national firm. That said there is usually issues with any render from what Im told.

I have been mulling allsorts over in my head. even building a new facing to the house infront if the existing walls so I do have a cavity and the house will be brickwork instead of render.

I thought about it too, a brickie told me about 8 grand to drop and rebuild the outer skin but a mate of mine built a 2 storey extension on the side of his for not much more.
  • 4 years later...
2 hours ago, gnipper said:

Well we've got the damp gable sorted out eventually, chimneys off now and the roof is battened out ready for slating.

Screenshot_20200916-170926_Gallery.jpg

This thread is a blast from the past! I still haven't re-rendered yet thought it's still on the to do list.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, gnipper said:

It's an expensive way to repair the gable but with the family expanding the way it has it needed doing. I'm tempted to keep the big living room for myself though with a fish tank and a no girls allowed policy. 

See how long that lasts till ur moved to the small room, until that becomes a snug and your back in the shed with the fish ?

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

See how long that lasts till ur moved to the small room, until that becomes a snug and your back in the shed with the fish ?

I'm not arsed how big the room is or if its the shed as long as I've got some peace and quiet. In a house full of women its needed.

• Like 1

Have you considered hanging tiles. Or batten off mesh and redo plaster there by creating a cavity. Next door to me done it as cavity fill was crap and was compromised, it worked a treat. 

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry