Remove Pebble Dashing And Rerender

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

get cushty he throw a coat of tarmac over it cheap.lol

I did rendering jobs with my Dad that are still sound after 35 years or so, proper scratch coat, well finished top coat, water proofer in both, no worries.

It's an expensive way to repair the gable but with the family expanding the way it has it needed doing. I'm tempted to keep the big living room for myself though with a fish tank and a no girls allowe

Posted Images

7000 way to dear.scaffold to a semi.aprox 85o,materials 5oo aprox.2 trowrls plus labour a day .38o.2 days scratch.3 days top coat.=say 2000.so 3350 Max.that's being generous too

Edited by Qbgrey

Well I think couldve written the book of damp at my place! had rising damp due to no dpc, damp due to crap gutters, damp due to roof issues, damp penetrating where the NPG bracket holds the mains cable on and now have damp in little uns room which I think is where the conservatory joins the house. On top of all that you can see the render is knackered and holds water.

SO, considering all that I figured rip it off and start again and make sure it is done properly.

I thought K rend was meant to be the bees bollox but thats second time Ive heard a bad review of it now.

Whats the answer then guys? sand and cement render with waterproof agent in? I had been told that werent meant to use sand and cement on no-cavity walls, supposed to use lime render to allow wall to breath????

• Like 1

If its damp it could a number of things.solid walls can get cold/ hot spots were furniture goes against wall.I put some passifying vents in my mates place they let air but not cold air in like normal vents that blast cold wind in.and air out.from the condensation shop.if your loft is bitumen felt and no soffit vents you may get damp on cieling corners .

If its damp it could a number of things.solid walls can get cold/ hot spots were furniture goes against wall.I put some passifying vents in my mates place they let air but not cold air in like normal vents that blast cold wind in.and air out.from the condensation shop.if your loft is bitumen felt and no soffit vents you may get damp on cieling corners .

Ive figured out most of the damp issues as they came along and sorted. latest one is in little uns room where she had all her teddies piled in the corner so I dont think that is penetrating, think its just moist air and cold walls and being left there for a long time. still guna get ladders out on weekend and see if there is anything external.

We knew this house was a massive project when we took it on so it isnt a surprise. I think the constant rain we have had for the last few months has just made it an issue now.

If the render goes all the way down to the ground that can pull dsmp up.you know what I mean,normally or should I say its good building practice to have 2 or 3 course of brickwork showing between dpc and path/ground level and then a bell bead and rendered from dpc up.

Edited by Qbgrey

If the render goes all the way down to the ground that can pull dsmp up.you know what I mean,normally or should I say its good building practice to have 2 or 3 course of brickwork showing between dpc and path/ground level and then a bell bead and rendered from dpc up.

yeah, render stops a few courses above ground level as it should. the rising damp downstairs was covered by rentokil free under their 30 year warranty as they had injected the walls......29 years 11months and 18days before!!!! I was looking through some of the paperwork we got when we bought the house and found it. They tried to get out of it but I pushed the issue and had them round for three surveys and got it done totally free in the end!!!

• Like 2