Packing It In

After 25 years of being involved with lurchers after my last one died a few years ago she did not get replaced. i have a few permissions but no running dogs on i just ferret with the terrier and im happy with that in my 50s. Good luck malc and i genuinely hope they go to good working homes where they will be treated well.atb. :thumbs:

• Like 4

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sad to hear your closing the curtains with regards to your hunting atleast with the lurchers but i do know how tough things are these days..if you've thought it through long & hard & then deci

After 25 years of being involved with lurchers after my last one died a few years ago she did not get replaced. i have a few permissions but no running dogs on i just ferret with the terrier and im ha

its only going to get worse lads, ive just been banned from the full east riding of Yorkshire for 12 months not even allowed to be in a car with dogs. theres only so long you can keep it up when your

Can't you use the lurchers for day mooching?

I'm at work through the week and been beating over the weekends so I just lamp them
Well why dont you forget about the beating, and take some responsibility for YOUR dogs
here we go and people wonder why we want to get out of the game say what you like have a good season and press on atb malc

i wouldn't call it a day mate and move them on as this game is very hard to leave. yeah times get hard but its very rare they dont improve and you will regret it mate. then you've lost all you've worked so hard for. give it till at least end of season and see where your at then. things change. just don't make the mistake of making rash decisions you most probably will regret

atb

paul

• Like 1

i wouldn't call it a day mate and move them on as this game is very hard to leave. yeah times get hard but its very rare they dont improve and you will regret it mate. then you've lost all you've worked so hard for. give it till at least end of season and see where your at then. things change. just don't make the mistake of making rash decisions you most probably will regret

atb

paul

cheers Paul but when you get negative comments it makes me more determine to walk away from it like I said befor I've still got my ferrets and me jrt and the wife's beddie to kick about and have some fun cheers Paul for the good comments atb malc

I know what you mean if they don't get the work,been there when I had mine, I still miss that bitch now and reason I never got another is I would been comparing the two all time and wouldn't be fair ,

Unfortunately I don't have space or time for one as would been tempted by your pup,

Just make sure they go to most suitable homes not the one waving the readies around.

Those gsd lurchers are not suitable for everyone are they.

And I also agree it's easier to go out with couple scruffy mongrelly looking bushing dogs and a nets or catty than couple big lurchers and high powered torch. Just draws attention from all sorts.

• Like 1

I'm at work through the week and been beating over the weekends so I just lamp them
Well why dont you forget about the beating, and take some responsibility for YOUR dogs
here we go and people wonder why we want to get out of the game say what you like have a good season and press on atb malc
No game to me, more a way of life, and i could'nt part with dogs that i consider part of my family, maybe that's just my old fashioned geordie loyalty, but i'd rather that than peeling grapes for toffs
  • Like 3

No game to me, more a way of life, and i could'nt part with dogs that i consider part of my family, maybe that's just my old fashioned geordie loyalty, but i'd rather that than peeling grapes for toffs
I don't peel grapes for toffs I go to work my spaniels wich I can get more work for then lurchers these days as for dogs I've got my big lúrcher here that will never leave me till he's in a box as he will never run again after his accident a month back s9 I think I know about loyaltys thanks a lot for all your support cheers atb malc

Sad to hear your closing the curtains with regards to your hunting atleast with the lurchers but i do know how tough things are these days..if you've thought it through long & hard & then decided you still want to close shop then best of luck matey..you don't need anyone to tell you how you should run your life..the games become a nightmare,ive had the quietest season ive had by a long way in over 35 years of hunting.. Jobs about f****d & for those saying go and get permission well ive tried for all those 35 years and never EVER got any..without invites i would give up the game too,i know what it's like to lose dogs,big fines,motors confiscated,banned out of counties,banned from keeping hunting dogs,electronic tag,probation,unable to even talk to anyone with a dog or go more than a mile from my house all because of having a run or two..enjoy your stress free life buddy,hope you have some great memories to take with you from the game,the b*****ds can't ever take them away ?

• Like 14

Sad to hear your closing the curtains with regards to your hunting atleast with the lurchers but i do know how tough things are these days..if you've thought it through long & hard & then decided you still want to close shop then best of luck matey..you don't need anyone to tell you how you should run your life..the games become a nightmare,ive had the quietest season ive had by a long way in over 35 years of hunting.. Jobs about f****d & for those saying go and get permission well ive tried for all those 35 years and never EVER got any..without invites i would give up the game too,i know what it's like to lose dogs,big fines,motors confiscated,banned out of counties,banned from keeping hunting dogs,electronic tag,probation,unable to even talk to anyone with a dog or go more than a mile from my house all because of having a run or two..enjoy your stress free life buddy,hope you have some great memories to take with you from the game,the b*****ds can't ever take them away

that's true Andy , they carnt take your memories away :yes: , hope the dogs get good homes malc , these gsdxs can be funny buggers best of times , my big bugger gets upset easy ..!

• Like 1

Sad to hear your closing the curtains with regards to your hunting atleast with the lurchers but i do know how tough things are these days..if you've thought it through long & hard & then decided you still want to close shop then best of luck matey..you don't need anyone to tell you how you should run your life..the games become a nightmare,ive had the quietest season ive had by a long way in over 35 years of hunting.. Jobs about f****d & for those saying go and get permission well ive tried for all those 35 years and never EVER got any..without invites i would give up the game too,i know what it's like to lose dogs,big fines,motors confiscated,banned out of counties,banned from keeping hunting dogs,electronic tag,probation,unable to even talk to anyone with a dog or go more than a mile from my house all because of having a run or two..enjoy your stress free life buddy,hope you have some great memories to take with you from the game,the b*****ds can't ever take them away

well said and I've got some great memorys and the best I'll ever have is my dog getting his champion of champions and that he's still here with me after his accident thanks atb malc

that's true Andy , they carnt take your memories away :yes: , hope the dogs get good homes malc , these gsdxs can be funny buggers best of times , my big bugger gets upset easy ..!

cheers bird

all other disagreements aside malc,,how come your giving up you live fairly out the way surly you can find plenty of game to run or do you just not have the heart in it now?glad your keeping murph

murph will never go I've got land but I've worked it to death and I'll still pop about with Leigh's beddie x