.177 / .22 - Who Cares?!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who gives a feck   177 full bag   22 full bag   IF YOU CAN SHOOT   both as good as each other   in the right hands     atvbmac :thumbs:

you didnt say which is better lol ??✌️

.22 for men ,.177 for girls .20 for gays and .25 for people who can shoot , only saying like

Posted Images

I can't believe no-ones mentioned the mildot issue. :whistling: '

Just about to Walshie, - as long as you calibrate your rifles correctly (know your mill dots) all calibres are far more accurate than us "ON OPEN GROUND"

Repeating myself again, (i know) - but for flat trajectory, shot placement through dense branches at 12 ft/lbs limitations, .177 is the performance calibre (for me).

• Like 1

Hmm. I'd be very interested to know the mildots holdover people are using for different guns and distances. :hmm:

Why ? :icon_eek:

I find I aim about bang on to 120ish and a mil dot at 200 ;) oh sorry forgot we're talking pop guns aren't we :D I'll hide now before the centre fire lads turn on me :)

• Like 1

Hmm. I'd be very interested to know the mildots holdover people are using for different guns and distances. :hmm:

My own 97 .22 attached... but this calibre chit chat is getting somewhat tiresome.

If we take the time to learn the trajectory of the pellet then it doesn't matter if we use .22

Mil dot over at 20 half over at 25.

post-94709-0-76972900-1452468309_thumb.png

• Like 2

They are the aim points on my Nikon scope with bdc bullet drop compensator reticule, with the load I use for general purpose deer/fox I assume the 7.62 was with open sights? I saw a mate shoot a hare @ just shy of 500 yards last year with his .243 same model as mine, not a shot I would attempt, however he practises at very long range weekly, and is a very good shot,the hare rolled over without a twitch ;)

• Like 2

Crumbs, you will get a lot of variation.

It will be different for virtually every manufacturer, barrel, pellet, etc!

:thumbs: