My ferrets won't eat fox moles or seagulls so if those little greedy b*****ds won't eat it neither will I .........

Fox, mole, seagull, pig's arse soup. Is there anything you will eat? You're too picky. :laugh:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was it on the "sett" menu? Ooooosh!

Plummer used to regular sell fox carcasses to Chinese restrants for food, and he never told a porky so you must be able too.....................lol

Yup,its written in stone,all chinese restaurants buy fox meat and pass it on in their stir fry,they also sell dog,people often break or chip teeth on microchips that can be traced back to missing cani

The only thing i know about fox meat is it stinks like a fox,ive attempted to feed it to the dogs and ferrets and they would not touch it,i know a lad that became ill and bloated after eating fox flesh and ended up in hospital and also know of the best fox killing lurcher ive witnessed that used to eat hung fox with relish,if its cooked right it possibly tastes right,it looks right to eat.

Are lasses dad tried it once and he said never again and this a man that would anything. He has also tried badger and he said that was lovely.

Heard from a few old boys that badger is actually quite tasty, don't fancy trying it myself mind :laugh:

My ferrets won't eat fox moles or seagulls so if those little greedy b*****ds won't eat it neither will I .........

What i found with the ferrets Socks was once they had eaten mole they never went near it again.Years ago down Wales, picking tatties ,seagulls was the only food i had for the ferrets and they eat it with reluctance.

Are lasses dad tried it once and he said never again and this a man that would anything. He has also tried badger and he said that was lovely.

Heard from a few old boys that badger is actually quite tasty, don't fancy trying it myself mind :laugh:

Badger hams are a treat,ask Topper for the recipe,its really tasty and rich.

Was it on the "sett" menu? Ooooosh! Edited by kanny
  • Like 8

Think I would give badger ham a try, the farther in law said it's very tasty. Would have to be cooks right though lol

Think I would give badger ham a try, the farther in law said it's very tasty. Would have to be cooks right though lol

I've a 1947 cook book with loads of Badger recipies in it and treat the same as pork really,it also has a few seagull recipies in it but they say to feed the seagull on buttermilk only for 2 weeks before eating to remove the fishy taste,hedgehog and rat is just about the only things it don't have in the book.I have tried hedgehog myself and it's the same as really really greasy and boney pork and squirrel is loads nicer than them things..

I've a 1947 cook book with loads of Badger recipies in it and treat the same as pork really,it also has a few seagull recipies in it but they say to feed the seagull on buttermilk only for 2 weeks before eating to remove the fishy taste,hedgehog and rat is just about the only things it don't have in the book.I have tried hedgehog myself and it's the same as really really greasy and boney pork and squirrel is loads nicer than them things..

I've had hedgehog myself and it was very tasty would definitely have it again if it wasn't so low on numbers (hope they recover and there numbers thrive). Some badger recipes would be intresting