Turned up to a Morrisons today to half fill a ibc tank up with petrol so I had 500 litres as it's cheap and the woman was such a jobsworth and said they only allow the five litre green jerry cans and one per filling not even bothered of the nearly 500 pound fuel sale went to a country garage privately owned and they let me fill it up

Any one else experienced that before

Turned up to a Morrisons today to half fill a ibc tank up with petrol so I had 500 litres as it's cheap and the woman was such a jobsworth and said they only allow the five litre green jerry cans and one per filling not even bothered of the nearly 500 pound fuel sale went to a country garage privately owned and they let me fill it up

Was there a few of yous turned up at the filling station?

• Like 1

Back in my youth I was a petrol pump attendant on a Saturday. We had strict instructions on what containers were allowed to be filled, which were jerry cans and vehicle fuel tanks only.

My supervisor let two little lads fill a bucket with petrol for their mini moto and it went everywhere as they weren't strong enough to lift it and it sloshed all over.

Back in my youth I was a petrol pump attendant on a Saturday. We had strict instructions on what containers were allowed to be filled, which were jerry cans and vehicle fuel tanks only.

My supervisor let two little lads fill a bucket with petrol for their mini moto and it went everywhere as they weren't strong enough to lift it and it sloshed all over.

I worked in one when I was 16, 7 days a week loved it! Was family run by my uncle n da and was the busiest selling the cheapest fuel in Great Britain at the time, it was crazy busy with cues all the way down the duel carriage way, people were coming and filling up anything they could get it into lol good times!

Was there a few of yous turned up at the filling station?

3 people

I remember filling 2 litre pop bottles up for my trials bikes as a 16 year old no questions asked! (31 years old now tho) nowadays i run my landy on 80p a litre spotless biodiesel and go fill a few 25L barrels once a month to last a month. if anyone wants some from same place and lives in or near leeds pm me and ill pass on details so you can get some too :thumbs:

Ibc tank and the 25 litre plastic water ones you get in the caravan camping stores I use aswell never had any problems before as long as it isn't open I can't think why it would be s problem who carries 30 odd of the little five litre green ones

by law you cant carry more than 240 ltrs at once and you can only put a maximum of 60 ltrs in each container

• Like 1

Let's say for arguments sake you end up saving 5p per litre overall so your saving a whole 25 quid on 500 litre ... is it really worth the hassle? ...I don't think so

Edited by kanny
  • Like 5

In my uni days I worked in a service station, it's illegal to fill an unregulated container. The attendant was right and fhey won't lose sleep over £500.

To give you an idea the station I worked at turned over 1.5-1.8 million per week.

Thats some turn-over , Apparently £7.50 in every £10 spent at the pumps is tax , so that petrol station alone was paying roughly a £1,000,000 a week .

Let's say for arguments sake you end up saving 5p per litre overall so your saving a whole 25 quid on 500 litre ... is it really worth the hassle? ...I don't think so

Oh it wasn't really for saving money I needed 500 litres and Morrisons happened to have a cheap price

I remember filling 2 litre pop bottles up for my trials bikes as a 16 year old no questions asked! (31 years old now tho) nowadays i run my landy on 80p a litre spotless biodiesel and go fill a few 25L barrels once a month to last a month. if anyone wants some from same place and lives in or near leeds pm me and ill pass on details so you can get some too :thumbs:

I get diesel at 70p a litre for my car :thumbs: