Old Piccys......

A bit of duck flighting with the airgun. Shot a nice cock teal and a hen mallard.

Well J Darcy "my compliments" with your shooting, including the ducks and geese.

I was "Shouted at" for just mentioning that i fancied "pitting my wits/ fieldcraft" after night flight duck with an air rifle :icon_redface: and was called "UNSPORTING" ! :censored:

I wonder if you get the same flack as i did eh ?

" i`m waiting" ?

Well if you remember I was one of the contributers, what I said was it would probably considered unsporting, by most landowners,I did however qualify what I said, by admitting to having done it myself :yes:

mmmm... I remember commenting on that thread too I was defending shotguns after comments been made about them been less humane than an air gun, i never said anything about unsporting! hope I didn't offend you!

Not at all mate :good:

• Like 1

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

these was all shot with 2 daystates, iff my memory his right,,,,, 2 days shooting when there was rabbits a round avimore,,

Excuse the quality.An old piccy taken many, many years ago of the hw80, a proper beast of a gun and my first .177. This image was taken in Scotland, in the late 80's, long before I'd heard of PCP's..

Thanks. The Falcons are superb guns, they really are. But, just like with cameras, it is all down to the person behind them. Over the many years I'v hunted with airguns I've bumped into plenty of lad

Posted Images

A bit of duck flighting with the airgun. Shot a nice cock teal and a hen mallard.

Well J Darcy "my compliments" with your shooting, including the ducks and geese.

I was "Shouted at" for just mentioning that i fancied "pitting my wits/ fieldcraft" after night flight duck with an air rifle :icon_redface: and was called "UNSPORTING" ! :censored:

I wonder if you get the same flack as i did eh ?

" i`m waiting" ?

Well if you remember I was one of the contributers, what I said was it would probably considered unsporting, by most landowners,I did however qualify what I said, by admitting to having done it myself :yes:

mmmm... I remember commenting on that thread too I was defending shotguns after comments been made about them been less humane than an air gun, i never said anything about unsporting! hope I didn't offend you!

Not at all mate :good:

phew! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

nice old pics there J Darcy - i sold my fn19 a few months ago and regretted it. i fired one last week and the ping noise brought back some memories!

Thanks. The Falcons are superb guns, they really are. But, just like with cameras, it is all down to the person behind them.

Over the many years I'v hunted with airguns I've bumped into plenty of lads who had all the gear and no bloody idea. But as long as we're all in the game together it doesn't really matter. I took one lad out and he couldn't hit a thing, I mean he was a bag of nerves. I don't think he was used to shooting quarry. the old 80 I had was some gun, back in those days there was alot of estate lads that had airguns, the woods were being hunted all the time, but things got wise and there was always plenty of tackle for a keen man to hunt. In those days it wasn't uncommon to shoot a squirrel or a woodie and find a pellet already in it. And a jay was a big deal back then. Today they're everywhere.

The Fn I shoot is a beauty, the skeleton stock means it's as light as a feather and the 8 shot mag helps upon a fast backup shot.......but I think I maybe need to sell it and get a Kalibr gun, but we'll see.

Got my eyes on a few magpie roosts, think I need to pay them a visit.....

A piccy from 18 years ago...when I was keen ha ha

post-16-0-23064600-1452337711_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Good, refreshing post JD - If nothing else this thread teaches both young and old that you don't need all the fancy kit, don't need to look like a commando and don't need to worry about which pellet has the best ballistic coefficient. Just get out there, have a go and learn from your mistakes.

Unless you look like Bruce Willis :yes::laugh:

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Little hunter now this is the very first time he had even held a rifle let alone shoot one

only 20 yards shot from my sitting room out to the yards back wall

now remember this is his very first time

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Age 8yrs

rifle

raider 22

post-63400-0-68246500-1452367717.jpg

post-63400-0-20853000-1452367743.jpg

post-63400-0-44151100-1452367789.jpg

post-63400-0-51632200-1452367808.jpg

Belting thread this JD.. cheers for taking the time out to put those piccys up.. much appreaciated by myself and one or two others i assume

I could look at these pics all day long..

Judging by you're photos... looks as though you you've got the nack of roost shooting.

Can you give me any pointers on the roosting front if you don't mind??

Do you just rock up whenever?

or lay up in the day time and wait for the birds to fly in to roost and pick them off??

Do you, or, can you, use a light on them??

Cloudy night or full moon??

I've got some magpies to moderate...before spring kicks in....

Belting thread this JD.. cheers for taking the time out to put those piccys up.. much appreaciated by myself and one or two others i assume

I could look at these pics all day long..

Judging by you're photos... looks as though you you've got the nack of roost shooting.

Can you give me any pointers on the roosting front if you don't mind??

Do you just rock up whenever?

or lay up in the day time and wait for the birds to fly in to roost and pick them off??

Do you, or, can you, use a light on them??

Cloudy night or full moon??

I've got some magpies to moderate...before spring kicks in....

basically: wait for cloud.

Go out and whack em.

despite what the 'old poaching songs say, ignore the moon. :thumbs:

• Like 1