Experience Counts.

Struggled in a single hole place, that is always awkward for some reason today,marked it 6.5m away. Young red un was not going right from the sound of it, got him at 1.5m dead under the entrance, he showed after twenty mins soaking wet but keen to go, marked him again same place. Broke into him soaking and looking lost, fetched my old 8 yr veteran off the couples he scratched and dug, fairly half hearted but scratched and scratched, just as I thought you lousy ****** liar he grabbed hold above him in soft yellow sand. I stuck at this place for hours this morning, in truth " I doubted em" just shows ya! Would a better dog have sorted it????

Most with experience have seen stuff happen that's un explainable. Was it a rabbit, was it arse on, was the dog lying. That red un has seen plenty of work,by far not the greatest in the kennel but I've seen him show many other dogs up, I'm honest, all dogs have good and off days, the very best that we have are cherished.

These old fellas worn and tired at times have still got it!!!

Old b*****d is growling at me now knowing he's gonna get cleaned before bed. " he is our house dog" nobody talking to me!!!!

Cleaned him earlier, looked at me, the wife! Growled and stood under the table wagging his tail!

Guess I'm the loser tonight.

• Like 8

I do not like digging earths that are directly under the entrance. I had much rather dig away from the entrance and especially if it is a one eyed earth. Worry about messing up the air supply. All dogs have their good and bad days.

Mudcat

I do not like digging earths that are directly under the entrance. I had much rather dig away from the entrance and especially if it is a one eyed earth. Worry about messing up the air supply. All dogs have their good and bad days.

Mudcat

Don't see how you could mess up the air supply? But yeah out and away as far as possible sounds better. Unusual to have it back under the entrance in a single hole earth