Creating A Wildlife Pond

Well I know it hasnt exactly been dry but my test hole has maintained water level where the clay level is.

Had further discussions with local farmer and looking to get the machinery on the garden through the sprong. Mrs not over the moon because she wants a new bathroom and kitchen but told her I can sort that through winter!

Not much of an update I know but will get pics up when work starts.

looking forwards to seeing it! hows jack the dog settling in?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well in just over a year I truly have a wildlife pond. It's amazed me how quick nature has taken over. Reeds are established water level and colour settled. We have had heron, kingfisher, ducks with b

Let little un have a go today, the dream is coming true. Loved it.

Water level is well up now. About 6ft at deepest part. Had a sit by the waters edge with a beer last weekend listening to the birds tweeting and watchin the rudd topping and remembered what its all ab

Posted Images

Well I know it hasnt exactly been dry but my test hole has maintained water level where the clay level is.

Had further discussions with local farmer and looking to get the machinery on the garden through the sprong. Mrs not over the moon because she wants a new bathroom and kitchen but told her I can sort that through winter!

Not much of an update I know but will get pics up when work starts.

looking forwards to seeing it! hows jack the dog settling in?

Jack the dog??? Must be thinkin of someone else fella, Ive got three dogs too many already, I havent been takin anymore on!!!

• 7 months later...

I have been in touch with my farmer friend today and the digging finally starts either next weekend or the one after. Want to get the hole dug before the rain comes so it can fill. I will be taking plenty of pics so will keep updating on progress. Looking forward to this!

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Had another chat with the farmer today all booked in to break ground this weekend and even better news....he thinks he has a buyer for they clay!!! That will half the cost, jcbs, dumpers, tractors, trailers and drivers arent cheap!!

I have changed my phone so need to figure out how to reduce photo size pretty sharpish so I can keep this updated.

• Like 1

Been tempted to buy a acre of rough grazing round where I used to live in the Scottish Borders and make a good sized pond and stock it with catfish like they do in the states for food, but having read up on it it's illegal to release freshwater catfish now so knocked that plan on the head