Hello From The States

Hello.

I've been interested in the shooting sport and traditions in the U.K. for some time, and recently had the opportunity to experience a day of shooting in East Yorkshire with a small DIY syndicate. Fantastic! Looking forward to getting over and doing it again. I'd like to be able to bag one or two of your gigantic woodcock, and shoot some red grouse, someday.

Not much (any) driven shooting around me, here in the Northeast of the States, but I spend quite a bit of time shooting (at) ruffed grouse, and woodcock over my Springer in the north woods. I've been known to do a bit of fowling, and have knocked over a deer a few times, too. I shoot clays frequently, both skeet and sporting. My career affords me a lot of free time (fire service), so I get to spend a lot of time shooting or working with the dog.

When I'm not shooting either clays or game I spend quite a bit of time trialing or testing with my Springer, do a bit of trout fishing, and coach the local HS rugby club.

Looking to learn more about game shooting, game keeping, and dog training, here. As well as hopefully make a few friends.

I don't know how much interest any of you have in game shooting here in the States, but please feel free to ask any questions you might have, and I'll do my best to answer them.