Shooting Over Pointers & Springers Ireland

Good video lad but one thing i must say you must be one of the luckiest guys ever,when your out on your own there and most times the bird comes out your side of the hedge or out over the hedge to you ha ha.happy days but

Good video lad but one thing i must say you must be one of the luckiest guys ever,when your out on your own there and most times the bird comes out your side of the hedge or out over the hedge to you ha ha.happy days but

Have my share of luck I guess. Have plenty I hear but don't see as well. Happened me yesterday with same old wiley cock pheasant twice over the pointers. Couldn't get around him.

One thing is though in a few of these clips the spaniel is deep in the cover & the birds are flying away from her. You don't even get to see her. She goes in & hunts from inside out rather than hunt outside in if that makes sense. Play off of this method is that she needs to be that bit wilder to push on in rather than Hoover 20 yards in front of you. Horses for courses & all that.

Nice video. Interesting to see the dogs work over there.

Thanks. That would be a typical roughshooting type of day for me. Not the quantity of game in the bag but the ground covered & type of action.

A mix of dogs.

An experienced pointer of 7 seasons, a pointer pup of 11 months & a spaniel in her 3rd or 4th season.

I know exacly what you mean Ep it doesnt always go to plan,i know this year for myself its being torture with stuff goin out the other side and im bringing on a german wirehaired pointer and shes doin well but i like to knock as much stuff as i can for her.

ye your spaniel seems to be doin well,there a serious dog to rattle a bit of cover out of it.