Tough As Old Boots !

I don't know if you can remember lads I put on here at the start of the season about the old boy that was still digging , Now I know he's having treatment for the big C and still gets out but I was on the phone this week to him and said what you done over the Christmas and he said he went out before the holiday ferreting anyway he got wet went home didn't feel well doctor came and said he's had a stroke ! He said it's only a little one though and did I fancy a dig this weak as he feels a bit better and is bored sitting at home ?

• Like 18

He made me laugh recently he took me to he's permo so we goes and sees the farmer first and he tells us to go up to the wood by he's friend Orlando house . Yep no problem and of we set walking across the fields but I could hear him grumbling and talking to himself. So I listened and could hear him saying " what sort of name is f***ing Orlando ? Posh c**ts the lot of em still nice to let me have a dig though ? . He wasn't talking to me he was just talking to himself lol

Edited by marshman
  • Like 7

Haha He sounds like a old paddy with a stutter I used to work with, he was ancient but could graft for fun. A new bloke started with the firm when we doing fences around a school his name was Tristan, the old boy told him to f**k off if he thinks he's gonna be asking a Tristan for anything and re named him Simon.

• Like 3

That reminds me of my grandfather, hes nearly 80 and should be sitting relaxing but hes constantly out in the yard working on this fixing that changing things in the yard that dont particularly need changing. Im always at him that if he want something done il do it for him but only ever contacts me if he cant do it himself. What hes always sais is, if i sit down i might not get back up and i suppose i can c his point!

• Like 1