Gwp X Greyhounds

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Too true, mine were expected to and did many tasks, bushing for rabbits, ferreting, wildfowling, pigeon shooting, walked up woodcock and picking up on a shoot. Not only did they do all those different

Here's a few pics of mine just to show how a 1st x cross can turn out, maybe not as cloddy as some would think. She doesn't get as much work as I would like but that's not the dogs fault. Top pic is a

I heard many times from lads that once you have a pointer you won't have anything else ......after owning training and working one I would agree.I got mine last year and this is his first season and h

Posted Images

Here's a few pics of mine just to show how a 1st x cross can turn out, maybe not as cloddy as some would think. She doesn't get as much work as I would like but that's not the dogs fault. Top pic is at 7 months old

look a handy dog ,have you got any more pics

Here's a few pics of mine just to show how a 1st x cross can turn out, maybe not as cloddy as some would think. She doesn't get as much work as I would like but that's not the dogs fault. Top pic is at 7 months old

As does yours Monkey, the 2nd pic down of yours looks like it could be the twin of mine. I had loads of pictures on my phone but they were wiped when it went in for repairs, I'll see if the missus has any. How old is yours and where did you get it from? Mine will be 5 this summer and came from near Hereford.

Thanks cbx

its not my dog , it was taken maybe 15 years ago.. it belonged to a friend of mine

I am really interested in this cross,i love a dog that hunts but getting a pup at the right time has been hard and when I have been looking for a pup there was never any about from tested parents.

maybe one day

As does yours Monkey, the 2nd pic down of yours looks like it could be the twin of mine. I had loads of pictures on my phone but they were wiped when it went in for repairs, I'll see if the missus has any. How old is yours and where did you get it from? Mine will be 5 this summer and came from near Hereford.

Thanks cbx

There is a chap in Hereford that has about half a dozen working GWP,s one of his dogs was the father of my first dog. They are big strong dogs with him and bred for working.

TC

Here's a few pics of mine just to show how a 1st x cross can turn out, maybe not as cloddy as some

would think. She doesn't get as much work as I would like but that's not the dogs fault. Top pic is at 7 months old

Thanks cbx

There is a chap in Hereford that has about half a dozen working GWP,s one of his dogs was the father of my first dog. They are big strong dogs with him and bred for working.

TC

The only thing I was told about the sire of mine is that he was used as a deer dog so maybe it was the same bloke.

I would imagine one of these gwp could clear a wood to waiting running dogs or guns ??

They love this job!

Edit to add: But worth remembering that they hunt silently, and at a gallop! They also work great with other dogs to do this job as a team.

Edited by dogs-n-natives
  • Like 3