Gwp X Greyhounds

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Too true, mine were expected to and did many tasks, bushing for rabbits, ferreting, wildfowling, pigeon shooting, walked up woodcock and picking up on a shoot. Not only did they do all those different

Here's a few pics of mine just to show how a 1st x cross can turn out, maybe not as cloddy as some would think. She doesn't get as much work as I would like but that's not the dogs fault. Top pic is a

I heard many times from lads that once you have a pointer you won't have anything else ......after owning training and working one I would agree.I got mine last year and this is his first season and h

Posted Images

Yes mate l am. I have decided the time is right. If all goes well it will be this summer. The sire is gwp and the dam is greyhound x collie, but only a small percentage off collie in her. Both dogs are very good very good at their job. The gwp is 10 years old and still doing plenty of work and the bitch is 6 years old and doing her job very well.

• Like 4

That looks a nice breeding above. All the best with them, I like to see workers top n bottom, and they look like workers! :thumbs:

I'm thinking about lining my GWP female to a big fast sighthound based lurcher thats a proven producer. If I go ahead, there might be one or two pups wanting homes. They will suit the role of a hunting/mooching lurcher. I hunt the fells and moors. Both parents are very well tested. The sire has had a long and very productive working life.

They will suit big game, where legal. I hunt deer/boar/fox/hare mostly, with some rabbit/squirrel/game-birds.

In the future it would be exciting to keep in touch with other gwp based lurcher owners, to establish a best-to-best line breeding program, as I reckon this type of lurcher is going to be very well suited to the all-round hunter that requires a robust dog with endless stamina, great feet/coat, great scenting powers for finding and trailing, and being very obedient and easy to handle.

I wont be charging for pups, but they will only be going to the right homes, as they will require a lot of hunting!

Good hunting :victory:

• Like 10

Bedn thinking about these for yrs since I worked at s mates house had a lovely gwp.very racy looking,and it did nt like fox atall.not like labs etc that rarely touch fox unless thier dead.I use my bullxwhip for tracking so still considering next dog .

That looks a nice breeding above. All the best with them, I like to see workers top n bottom, and they look like workers! :thumbs:

I'm thinking about lining my GWP female to a big fast sighthound based lurcher thats a proven producer. If I go ahead, there might be one or two pups wanting homes. They will suit the role of a hunting/mooching lurcher. I hunt the fells and moors. Both parents are very well tested. The sire has had a long and very productive working life.

They will suit big game, where legal. I hunt deer/boar/fox/hare mostly, with some rabbit/squirrel/game-birds.

In the future it would be exciting to keep in touch with other gwp based lurcher owners, to establish a best-to-best line breeding program, as I reckon this type of lurcher is going to be very well suited to the all-round hunter that requires a robust dog with endless stamina, great feet/coat, great scenting powers for finding and trailing, and being very obedient and easy to handle.

I wont be charging for pups, but they will only be going to the right homes, as they will require a lot of hunting!

Good hunting :victory:

These have the potential to be very handy animals
  • Like 1