Isuzu Rodeo 2.5

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its a lot of money for a dog bus imo. An older truck with a few miles for 5k will do the same job with same mpg, and youd have a spare 7k+ to bank or buy a smaller runaround car.

If u got any worryd about fuel don't get a pick up.terrible fuel consumption. I don't ever calculstd the mpg I'd have a heart attack. 4ompg I reckon is impossible, more like 30 mpg.I spend 400 to 50

Good trucks.avoid new invincible.socks you sound like a convert,you used to run Toyota didn't you?...jcm have a guess who makes the most diesel engines in the world buses,Diggers lorry,truck,coaches,etc....ibe never been without a crewcab since 1989. Had 100s of em.isuzu sllwayz the best

Good trucks.avoid new invincible.socks you sound like a convert,you used to run Toyota didn't you?...jcm have a guess who makes the most diesel engines in the world buses,Diggers lorry,truck,coaches,etc....ibe never been without a crewcab since 1989. Had 100s of em.isuzu sllwayz the best

Yeah I know izuzu make the most Diesel engines, there crew cabs look smart aswell that's one of the reasons I like them heard bad things about l200, the hilux is a nice motor but my pal used to work for Toyota said they good trucks but parts are very expensive, Great Wall is what it us a cheap and nasty motor, the vw amorock is a big show off motor and has its issues

I've had land rovers l200 ranger Toyota and now the Isuzu .... And this is by far the best .......

I've had land rovers l200 ranger Toyota and now the Isuzu .... And this is by far the best .......

How come you picked the blade and not the huntsman and how much would I expect to pay per month for a new truck

It only came in green which I didn't like and the draw system took up room that I needed ... How much you pay will depend on how much deposite you put down and whether you are buying it for business use so you can claim the VAT back ......

It only came in green which I didn't like and the draw system took up room that I needed ... How much you pay will depend on how much deposite you put down and whether you are buying it for business use so you can claim the VAT back ......

It would be personal use for me, I very much doubt that I'll buy one new, I think a 10/11 plate will do me I been looking and seen a few foe 13k which is not to bad

Nice one socks,can't beat em.

I've been battling with a similar decision for a good while JCM.

I also drive an estate car and it is hard work keeping it clean and nice smelling to double as a family car. Especially this time or year. Christmas, new year, driving people about in a dog-smelling skip.

I'm currently torn between getting a decent 4x4 pickup type motor like you...

And getting a tidy weekend and family car and keeping the estate car for the dogs.

I'm thinking the latter at the moment. I do a fair bit of travelling to work the dogs, and 25-30mpg isn't very good. I can get 60mpg from my estate on a run. Plus the 4x4 are pretty sluggish and I do like to get my toe down from time to time. So I could make sure my "weekend car" had a bit of poke and keep the dog wagon cheap and sensible.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

I've been battling with a similar decision for a good while JCM.

I also drive an estate car and it is hard work keeping it clean and nice smelling to double as a family car. Especially this time or year. Christmas, new year, driving people about in a dog-smelling skip.

I'm currently torn between getting a decent 4x4 pickup type motor like you...

And getting a tidy weekend and family car and keeping the estate car for the dogs.

I'm thinking the latter at the moment. I do a fair bit of travelling to work the dogs, and 25-30mpg isn't very good. I can get 60mpg from my estate on a run. Plus the 4x4 are pretty sluggish and I do like to get my toe down from time to time. So I could make sure my "weekend car" had a bit of poke and keep the dog wagon cheap and sensible.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

If I get two car tho it's 2 lots of tax insurance etc and the izuzu dmax is supposed to return 38mpg combined which isn't bad but then I'd also get it remapped to try and use every bit of diesel as efficient as possible.

I do between a hell of a lot of miles with and without the dogs so mpg is a big factor for me but if a could get a motor remapped to return about 40-42 mpg on a run I'd be very happy.

I also like the high driveing position of a big pick up or a 4x4 for that matter so there is positives and negatives but I'm going to do a lot more digging before I make up my mind

If u got any worryd about fuel don't get a pick up.terrible fuel consumption. I don't ever calculstd the mpg I'd have a heart attack. 4ompg I reckon is impossible, more like 30 mpg.I spend 400 to 500 a month on fuel.

• Like 1

Like qbgrey has said if you want good mpg dont cosider any truck because you will be dissapointed you wont return 38mpg thats just a paper stat. It will be more like 30-33mpg if you use it off road it will want some tyres for it because it wont be much use with road tyres

fuel is not the be all and end all I understand that 30s is the normal but a good remap should see the mpg heading towards late 30s early 40s if driven careful

I hope your correct.I prob get more like 28mpg.I don't ponce about on the pedal tho.ivd had it down to 4mpg pulling my 360 up a hill

fuel is not the be all and end all I understand that 30s is the normal but a good remap should see the mpg heading towards late 30s early 40s if driven careful

I hope your correct.I prob get more like 28mpg.I don't ponce about on the pedal tho.ivd had it down to 4mpg pulling my 360 up a hill

What you think you could get if driven carefully