Liver Fluke ....

I am well into the doe cull for this season and have noticed quite a few of the deer have shown signs off or have got liver fluke . I know the wet weather doesn't help , but has anyone else noticed this ..also noticed its seems a bad year for ticks ...

This liver was out of a mature doe that had a good covering of fat and was in good health apart from the fluke ..

post-81636-0-06964000-1451324521_thumb.jpeg

I am glad Geoff took me to a place where the Fallow are clean and healthy to shoot my Buck Rich lol :whistling:.Mind you i think it was a fluke i saw and Grassed one in Sussex.

Utter Nonsense, it was down to the skill and knowledge of the guide, mind you i am just about to leave this morning, and the forecast is awful

sw gale 8 wind and rain, if we get one today it will definitely be a fluke. cheers Geoff.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't gotten any with liver fluke, but definitely with ticks.

If you live in a tick infested area, and they get you while hunting I have a good trick.

Use "diatomaceous earth", it's a powdery substance that ticks hate, it cuts into their exo-skeleton and dries them out (it takes a while for them to die but they will not crawl on you).

Pat it all over your clothing and on your hunting dogs, it keeps ticks at bay.

All the anti-tick sprays I've seen are extremely bad for your health.

• 2 months later...

I haven't gotten any with liver fluke, but definitely with ticks.

If you live in a tick infested area, and they get you while hunting I have a good trick.

Use "diatomaceous earth", it's a powdery substance that ticks hate, it cuts into their exo-skeleton and dries them out (it takes a while for them to die but they will not crawl on you).

Pat it all over your clothing and on your hunting dogs, it keeps ticks at bay.

All the anti-tick sprays I've seen are extremely bad for your health.

Diamotaceous Earth is almost pure silica, so whilst "splashing it all over" like ole Henry Cooper I would either not breathe or wear a mask as this inhaled is seriously bad for you.

regards

Andrew