How Many Of You Carry A First Aid Kit For The Dogs While Out? Please Read.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you don't like the questions on here fxxk off and look somewhere else ye prick , probably one of the best questions asked in my opinion, for most of the lurcher lads n lasses on here care for the d

I don't carry anything with me, but back in the car I have a bag that has most things in it I will need. A towel, a coat for the dog, metacam, staple gun, couple of bandages, some vet wrap of various

Large wound dressing and electrical tape in me rucksack (for me or the dog!) Electrical tapes great stuff, it'll stick to itself but doesn't stick too well to fur so can be used to hold a wound close

I always carry superglue and activator....believe me in a crisis you will understand be it me or the dog if it's desperate enough that stuff is a godsend....sliced my arm open with a Stanley and a chippy sealed me back toogether with glue and acti and I've used it ever since for bleeders if there's nothing else about...!!!no I'm not saying ppl should glue there dogs back together but it's a handy bit of kit in a crisis.....!!! Atb billy

Edited by cooper101
  • Like 1

First thing I do for any wound is flush really well with iodine or hydrogen peroxide. I have a big syringe and blunt needle I will fill full of this stuff and squirt it up in puncture wounds to flush out and kill bacteria thats been drove deep into the wound. Bandages, vet wrap, staple gun, quick clot blood clotting sponges, and some small scissors. That's all in the little bag I always have close. The main bag has a little more in it than this but also contains more of the same.

TCP is a good one for fresh wounds as I dont think all antibacterial solutions work where there is fresh blood,but I know TCP does.

• Like 1

First thing I do for any wound is flush really well with iodine or hydrogen peroxide. I have a big syringe and blunt needle I will fill full of this stuff and squirt it up in puncture wounds to flush out and kill bacteria thats been drove deep into the wound. Bandages, vet wrap, staple gun, quick clot blood clotting sponges, and some small scissors. That's all in the little bag I always have close. The main bag has a little more in it than this but also contains more of the same.

TCP is a good one for fresh wounds as I dont think all antibacterial solutions work where there is fresh blood,but I know TCP does.
carry a bottle of tcp mixed 50/50 with water in squirty bottle back of truck-above the cleaning/healing properties is that it hides any funky smells on the dogs?atb dc
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I always carry superglue and activator....believe me in a crisis you will understand be it me or the dog if it's desperate enough that stuff is a godsend....sliced my arm open with a Stanley and a chippy sealed me back toogether with glue and acti and I've used it ever since for bleeders if there's nothing else about...!!!no I'm not saying ppl should glue there dogs back together but it's a handy bit of kit in a crisis.....!!! Atb billy

What sort of glue is it just normal superglue or a surgical glue

I keep one back in the car and don't carry it with me. Contains skin stapler, detol, few basic pads gauze type stuff. Saline and glucose solution. Also always have half a dozen of those cat food pouches which I'll give to the dogs towards the end of the night if I've started to notice them slowing down

I Can't thank you all enough for keeping this thread going. I thought I had really embarrassed myself after the first couple of comments made, but I am pleased there is some decent like minded folk out there. I have found your comments really useful and even added a few items to my kit bag. Thanks.

• Like 2

Bloody sitting here watching the whippet licking a cut and cursing myself for not having a stapler. One being bought this week for sure !

Wee bugger will be getting his muzzle on for a night or two.

I HATE barbed wire f***ing, fences.