Could Not Beleive It

done alot of it over the years,gone out rough shooting miles from home,forgot gun,ferreting forgot ferret,lamping forgot lamp,and yes even the dog,must be something to do with age,good job now wife asks me have i got all i need before leaving home,bless her lol.

Duck shooting all the kit ready and waiting for the boys to pick me up, two hours got to where we were going NO GUN. Phoned missus she wasn't too pleased getting out of bed to tell me gun was in case standing by the front gate post. Age thing I think!!!!!!!

Went wildfowling on the Solway regularly, 250+ mile round trip, got all the gear, guns, decoys, clothing, food etc etc

Got ready for the morning flight, no f***ing wellies!

Stayed in the car in my slippers while mates had a few geese ffs.

Went into town and bought the dearest wellies ever - 11 quid in 1982 and blanked on the evening flight :D

Cheers, D.

• Like 1

Drove for half hour with a terrible felling I left something at home opened the boot everything there dog as usual front seat coat back seat water proofs knife rabbit carry , no fecking wellies ' not to bad I thought everything ready no fecking battery grrrrr half hour home again then half hour back left my coat hanging up on the fence post pissing wet through climbed over fence the top rail snapped laid on floor in a big bog with the dog licking my face, that night went from bad to very bad to brilliant best night I had last year blade little over a year took 38 rabbits 3 hares if I included myxomatosis would of been near 60

Same thing happened to my mate out rabbiting on the wettest coldest day you could imagine. Fair play we could not persuade him to call it a day, hours of walking with slippers through sodden fields. He never bought a round of drinks that day