Price Of Handcok's Pups Fair Or Over Priced For What They Are

What happens to the older pups on his website that are reduced in price if they don't sell? And the brood bitches that gets to old? Whole things just doesn't sit right with me irrelevant of cost working ability and hence I would never entertain buying one but As with everything in life people do as they will with there money. Just amazes me really that he has a market for these pups atb

Edited by matt1979
  • Like 3

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My mates Hancock lurcher bang in the money does what's asked. He's s grafter knows his job. Worth every penny.

Yup Fluffs right,, no c**t in their right mind would have one,   Heres mine, I hate his guts but he was only £150 from Hancock.   Some wank spouted on this site sometimes likes.          

Boooooring Luke ferret you have posted 3times without a reply moaning about Hancock lurchers, there are lads out there with dogs that do just as good as the best dogs you know.....you clearly have an

Posted Images

The Naughty boys are tweedle dum bred to Sallys bitch milly. Lurcher to lurcher, but the %`s are there to be worked out if you can be arsed

I have one of them. The black brother they didn`t want to keep ! lol. Mines is from that litter.

How would you rate your 'naughty boy'? Rake?

Also why has Hancock gone down the beardie/border stud route. I know he does straight border pups but the majority of pups are from the 'naughty boys'.

He must have bred hundreds from the naughty boys now. Has anybody on here got one? Can you give an assessment of it?

Hancock had a beardy/border stud in the 80s richard jones.Also taffy 1/2 grey 1/4 border 1/4 beardy.

The one I had was out of taffy

Did it make a decent dog tomo?

It was just starting to catch on the lamp,,was only a year old or just over ,,,it got distemper and had to be pts...

The Naughty boys are tweedle dum bred to Sallys bitch milly. Lurcher to lurcher, but the %`s are there to be worked out if you can be arsed

I have one of them. The black brother they didn`t want to keep ! lol. Mines is from that litter.

Also why has Hancock gone down the beardie/border stud route. I know he does straight border pups but the majority of pups are from the 'naughty boys'.

He must have bred hundreds from the naughty boys now. Has anybody on here got one? Can you give an assessment of it?

Hancock had a beardy/border stud in the 80s richard jones.Also taffy 1/2 grey 1/4 border 1/4 beardy.

The one I had was out of taffy

Did it make a decent dog tomo?

It was just starting to catch on the lamp,,was only a year old or just over ,,,it got distemper and had to be pts...

A shame that tomo seen a few out of taffy one lad had one near me made a fair dog.

Rough coated merles ... There the best sellers
i asked why he don't breed 3/4 grey 1/4 beard as that was I was interested in at the time, he told me they don't sell and then went on to say about the naughty boys.

Woody don't produce rough merles he saya.

So if they are best sellers he may as well get rid of woody

Thats why woody isn't used at stud much and he repeated the mating to get dickie who does throw rough coated merles

Rough coated merles ... There the best sellers
i asked why he don't breed 3/4 grey 1/4 beard as that was I was interested in at the time, he told me they don't sell and then went on to say about the naughty boys.

Woody don't produce rough merles he saya.

So if they are best sellers he may as well get rid of woody

Thats why woody isn't used at stud much and he repeated the mating to get dickie who does throw rough coated merles
theres still a fair amount of woody pups, and from what I can gather turn out nice dogs temperament/ability.

I like beardy border but my next dog is just border, not for any reason other than that's what was used to produce the parents that are good dogs. Can't wait.

If you want to learn about Hancocks dogs you should read his book 'a qestion of lurchers' He is a honest bloke. I have talked with him,and read his book and owned his dogs and thats how I know his dogs are not for me. He as never bred a true strain of lurcher and he is the first to admit it. He produces crosses that are fairly predictable in looks at least but who cannot be relied upon to produce the same again when bred to each other, which if you think about it is good for business. In my opinion there is better and more satisfying ways of obtaining a collie lurcher. If I was looking for that type I would look to hill type Collies and the bloke who Bird got his from. Is it Collie John? or someone of that ilk.

• Like 1

I can recall seeing a couple work one was a 1st cross border collie grey, worked all quarry day and night brilliant all round bitch, and other was a a beardie border mix x grey dog good on fox day and night single handed but would run of and eat anything else it had achance of catching, I'm a firm belevier in buying from proved working stock that have had at least 3 seasons under there belt. But u only get out what u put in I also think alot has to do with the owner, I've seen a couple of aparant, "Muppets" change hands that have made decent dogs, the quistion asked is 300 to much, well if the pregnant bitch has been vet checked then pups due claws out wormed and flead on proper puppy wormer fed the best diet I think not.

Had mine out of late and fair play to the dog has run her socks off and impressed me can't say I'd go back but well happy with this bitch

If you're happy with it Ow why wouldn't you go back?

Is it that collie x isn't the right thing for you if because you think you'll get a better one elsewhere?

Genuine question mate.

Had mine out of late and fair play to the dog has run her socks off and impressed me can't say I'd go back but well happy with this bitch

If you're happy with it Ow why wouldn't you go back?

Is it that collie x isn't the right thing for you if because you think you'll get a better one elsewhere?

Genuine question mate.

shes a tidy bitch day and bitch works her socks off and I do like the bitch but and its not a big but just I'm hoping with my bitches here now I won't have to go looking for pups my blue bitch is impressing most people that see her and with my litter of bull X here now hopefully be a good bitch from there
  • Like 1