Price Of Handcok's Pups Fair Or Over Priced For What They Are

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My mates Hancock lurcher bang in the money does what's asked. He's s grafter knows his job. Worth every penny.

Yup Fluffs right,, no c**t in their right mind would have one,   Heres mine, I hate his guts but he was only £150 from Hancock.   Some wank spouted on this site sometimes likes.          

Boooooring Luke ferret you have posted 3times without a reply moaning about Hancock lurchers, there are lads out there with dogs that do just as good as the best dogs you know.....you clearly have an

Posted Images

As tomo said its not whether they can work or not ,surely if you breed 4 ,5 or more litters a year you will get some good bad or indifferent.

It's the fact that they are churned out time after time and the buyers are perpetuating the situation.

Farming pups is wrong whether it's for lapdogs or working dogs.

If the conditions are still as bad as they used to be they are atrocious.

If I was in the market for a collie cross I'd go to a lad that has out a bit of graft into the parents and the litter.

The biggest thing that makes me laugh is when owners spout breeding,as though it's something to be proud of,like the parents or grand parents are great workers or forley cup winners lol.

Same goes for all lurchers from peddlers with "name tags"

Edited by low plains drifter

As tomo said its not whether they can work or not ,surely if you breed 4 ,5 or more litters a year you will get some good bad or indifferent.

It's the fact that they are churned out time after time and the buyers are perpetuating the situation.

Farming pups is wrong whether it's for lapdogs or working dogs.

If the conditions are still as bad as they used to be they are atrocious.

If I was in the market for a collie cross I'd go to a lad that has out a bit of graft into the parents and the litter.

The biggest thing that makes me laugh is when owners spout breeding,as though it's something to be proud of,like the parents or grand parents are great workers or forley cup winners lol.

Same goes for all lurchers from peddlers with "name tags"

Have you got any idea of what it takes to get a dog to the point where it could win the likes of the Forley ?
I'd imagine a hell of a lot of hard work and a fair bit of breeding.

As I've never ran any Competitions I can only imagine.

But what was your point of asking?

The stuff he breeds now are nowhere near the quality of his stock in the 80's and 90's, he now runs a puppy farm bred from untested stock and any old greyhound bitch, my lad has had 2 in 3 yrs and both are dead now,they're found wanting these days when put under pressure,my mate also lost one with a brain tumor,buy a lurcher from hard worked stock not something full of second rate genes, WM

Never thought I'd hear Mr Plummer slagging off Hancock.

I don't think this is who you think it is..!! Brian Plummer your thinking aren't you??

This is very unlikely to be the fairytale writer Brian Plummer cos he died in 2003. :thumbs:

find it funny when ever Hancock dogs get brought up, it's always "my mate had this one....or...I knew someone up the road and it was ..,,or my mate got given one and it was...."

Lol yet the people who say I HAVE HAD ONE, have turned out half decent.

Think most people think because it's a Hancock it should turn out a world beater, end of the day most lurchers bred will turn out AVERAGE. The cost is there because they are genuine collie xs and the percentages are there for you to see along with plenty of back ground info.

Ye a lot of other people are breeding better litters but they ain't as easily accessible , most people ain't got a clue what is being bred etc. plenty of litters available but they tell you what you want to know.

150 quid us about average, but it could have bull saluki bedlingtoon in it when maybe your not wanting it? At least when you buy a collie x off Hancock it is what he says it is.

As for the pups looking crap online, I thought most of them look fairly strong. Is alpha cheap food? Cos that's what he feeds

I said some,if they been mine I wouldn't took pics of them let alone put them up for sale, didn't he used to mill his own meal one time?

I had a beardie /border bitch back in 2002? Very Small bitch, ,pot filler but no world beater ,only thing I can remember is she liked rolling fox shit.

If you go on his gallery the beardie x kyna she looked like a smaller pricked eared version of that.

exactly, does Hancock put and advert up saying "we breed world beaters"....nope. Most of them will be average some will be shit. I bet there's a lot more decent dogs coming from him than there is total shit ones. I don't even own a Hancock, but end of the day he does breed collie xs. Simple as that.

The stuff he breeds now are nowhere near the quality of his stock in the 80's and 90's, he now runs a puppy farm bred from untested stock and any old greyhound bitch, my lad has had 2 in 3 yrs and both are dead now,they're found wanting these days when put under pressure,my mate also lost one with a brain tumor,buy a lurcher from hard worked stock not something full of second rate genes, WM

Never thought I'd hear Mr Plummer slagging off Hancock.

I don't think this is who you think it is..!! Brian Plummer your thinking aren't you??

This is very unlikely to be the fairytale writer Brian Plummer cos he died in 2003. :thumbs:

I think everyone knows that. :thumbs:

Saw about maybe 8 to ten of them through the years and they where all gutless , shivering balls of shite . One of them in particular was probably the worst Lurcher I ever saw in a field , it couldn't have caught the crabs in a crack den . Another was probably the nicest collie cross Lurcher u could imagine , big strong half cross but what a useless b*****d , this was in the 80s/90s . Pups churned out for silly c**ts who believed the crap he talked , it's a true saying fools and there money are easy parted

Saw about maybe 8 to ten of them through the years and they where all gutless , shivering balls of shite . One of them in particular was probably the worst Lurcher I ever saw in a field , it couldn't have caught the crabs in a crack den . Another was probably the nicest collie cross Lurcher u could imagine , big strong half cross but what a useless b*****d , this was in the 80s/90s . Pups churned out for silly c**ts who believed the crap he talked , it's a true saying fools and there money are easy parted

So you`re calling me a silly c**t then ?

Why is it I don`t believe half the folk crabbing the dogs have ever even seen one ?? Total bullshitters.

• Like 3

Rake aboot , if u want to be called a silly c**t , then definitely I have no trouble calling you a silly c**t . All I can say you must be easy pleased if your satisfied with a Hancock. Il take you out a run some time and show you decent dogs working , and when you ask for a pup il tell you to go f**k yourself

Never had a pup from Hancock myself, but did talk to him a couple of times in the mid 90's, and he never tried to persuade me in any way to buy from him, infact he did'nt think one of his would suit me when i told him that i done more coursing than any other type of lurcherwork, would'nt have minded one like K. Walkers Cleo

Never had a pup from Hancock myself, but did talk to him a couple of times in the mid 90's, and he never tried to persuade me in any way to buy from him, infact he did'nt think one of his would suit me when i told him that i done more coursing than any other type of lurcherwork, would'nt have minded one like K. Walkers Cleo

Kev and me walked out together,..hunted on the Dales,...

I liked his Greyhound x Collie bitch,...I also liked him...

He came down to stay at my place in Hampshire....it was good craic.. :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 3

Rake aboot , if u want to be called a silly c**t , then definitely I have no trouble calling you a silly c**t . All I can say you must be easy pleased if your satisfied with a Hancock. Il take you out a run some time and show you decent dogs working , and when you ask for a pup il tell you to go f**k yourself

I feel sorry for you...clearly only had shite out running with you and in that case it's no wonder you have that much spout about Hancocks and being shite..I've owned and seen Hancock lurchers that would make most dogs look like 3legged sausage dogs it's not the breeding it's the man on the other end of the lead Hancock or linebred legend....!!!
  • Like 2