Most Accurate 'out The Box' .22 ??

Hi Simon, your not wrong and right up there with it although you won`t get one out of the box, the Feinwerkbau Sport 127 (.22) springer (for you "boys") :rofl:

OOPS ! Simon we are going to get shouted at :laugh:

PCP, Multishot question was the op. Ah well. --- (your fault, you misled me) :angel:

atb

124 (.177) was bloody good as well)

"only saying"

• Like 1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I practise at every opportunity I get,simples!

Just because you said that you did not need to practice ,I bet most people on here would say practice makes perfect and i still believe in to day doesn't matter how good you think you are , practic

im a bit long in the tooth and have used air rifles since I was a kid & class my self as a good shot but heres the thing if you don't practice loads you wont become a good shot

Well Mark, my dear friend, I'm flattered at being a mere boy of 58! :tongue2:

I had a Feinwerkbau Sport in .22. on Hire Purchase from Uttings in 1978 or so when these were just introduced to the UK. It was an honestly beautiful, superbly accurate break-barrel air rifle straight from the box. Beautifully made, real quality craftsmanship went into Feinwerkbau's flagship spring break barrel. That's how things were back then for all the makers I remember. They all put care and love and craftsmanship into their guns.

I had some brilliant rabbit shooting with my FWB Sport .22 when I was stationed at RAF Swinderby in 1979 to 1981 where the Station 'master' gave me the permission to thin the rabbits on the airfield -which was vast. Open sights too, yet I could knock down a rabbit at decent ranges with my eyesight, being only 22 -23 years old at the time.

My HW77 .22 is all factory finished and was a joy to shoot from the moment I got it out of the box in 2008. Possibly, I have been very lucky as, this was about the time the complaints of quality issues at Weihrauch had started to gain currency. A check of the Hull Cartridge Numbers said it had been made and exported in 2004. It came with a really lovely ambidestrous stock that really ought to be a standard. It is a real advantage to be able to shoot from both left and right of cover when the shot presents itself.

It has never EVER been tuned with aftermarket parts or tuning kits or any of the well known tuners around nowadays. it's all original stock standard from the factory as I bought it from Nigel Lambert at Wighill Park Guns at Tadcaster.

A good mate of mine who really knows his springers fettled it with an internal polish and hone of the action which has smoothed it to an almost recoilless sweetness. He even smoothed out the cocking lock-up so it latches up with no effort and hardly a sound above a click of the detent on the sprung-loaded button that locks and releases the underlever.

In short, he turned a superbly accurate factory standard HW77 into a truly beautiful, smooth-as-silk shooting underlever; and all from the factory standard parts that it still runs on!

Come to think of it, my HW80 .22 was perfectly good from the box but that was turned into an FAC rifle on my ticket.

My TX200HC .177 is still a razor accurate rifle but, i seldom use it now. Perhaps I might sell it. I'm not sure about what to do with it.

All the best Mark.

Simon

Hi Simon, your not wrong and right up there with it although you won`t get one out of the box, the Feinwerkbau Sport 127 (.22) springer (for you "boys") :rofl:

OOPS ! Simon we are going to get shouted at :laugh:

PCP, Multishot question was the op. Ah well. --- (your fault, you misled me) :angel:

atb

124 (.177) was bloody good as well)

"only saying"

• Like 2

The specifically designated target rifles should be best, after all, that is what they are designed for and you pay for, and some are multi shot. Very possibly the best are not!

After that you need to find the best pellet.

The best rifle with the worst pellet isn't going to win you much.

• 1 month later...

I`ll through my hat in the ring for the best out of the box springer , ..... Walther LGV.. I own all the A List guns , this 1 out of the box took me 10 minutes to know and like.. scratch "Love"..

I think that may be for another thread, I seem to recall the parameters were PCP and multi shot!

:thumbs:

I`ll through my hat in the ring for the best out of the box springer , ..... Walther LGV.. I own all the A List guns , this 1 out of the box took me 10 minutes to know and like.. scratch "Love"..

I will second that, mine is incredible, and of course is .177 :yes:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::thumbs:

So, the THL massive have decided a .22 PCP Multi shot should be a .177 springer single shot!

:thumbs::laugh:

• Like 2

PCP -- HW 100, in any format.

Springer -- TX 200 hc mk 3 - This rifle has just took 1st AND 2nd place in the world field target championships :yes: .

I shoot both of these rifles Domm`and both are utter " tack drivers" but remember i shoot .177 in these rifles.

Saying that,there are some very good shots on this forum using these two guns in .22 giving the same praise to them as i have.

p.s. - scoped up. Good luck with your choice. :thumbs:

Chances are Mark those TX's weren't straight out of the box ?

Aye i know that Davy but was trying to tilt the lads attention towards the TX to consider.

I`m having a right old "love affair" shooting the T Rex topped with a Mamba 3-12x44 (.177 AA fields)

atb

Sorry Decker, seems this part through me off track..