Old Pic

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My father mid 70s run two on a onion field in Prickwillow Fen just thought I'd share an old pic with ya

This is mate that I used to go coursing with grandfather and he's brother sammy cracking old pic I think

a old pic i have of me dad think it must be late 70s a call him a lazy twat now because he doesn't hardly get out "iv killed more game in a season or 2 than you will in your life is his reply lol

Posted Images

This is mate that I used to go coursing with grandfather and he's brother sammy cracking old pic I think

cracking looking picture there marshy love the look of the old pics and the old waggon..was the waggon a reading or a burton...

An old travlers life ay...

to be honest I'm not to gen up on the wagons .

When I've spoken to the old travellers they don't over romantasize it the first thing they say was living was hard . Most lost children to things simple things, flu was a killer, high infant mortality . Hunger was a constant thing so a good pot filling dog to them was worth its weight in gold . Mind if they did get caught poaching they usually got a hiding and then locked up the police didn't f**k about then,funny thing is they all seemed to of love the life and always tell you of good hunting days and how much the land was greener and how it was lifting with all sorts of game lol

• Like 2

cracking looking picture there marshy love the look of the old pics and the old waggon..was the waggon a reading or a burton...

An old travlers life ay...

to be honest I'm not to gen up on the wagons .

When I've spoken to the old travellers they don't over romantasize it the first thing they say was living was hard . Most lost children to things simple things, flu was a killer, high infant mortality . Hunger was a constant thing so a good pot filling dog to them was worth its weight in gold . Mind if they did get caught poaching they usually got a hiding and then locked up the police didn't f**k about then,funny thing is they all seemed to of love the life and always tell you of good hunting days and how much the land was greener and how it was lifting with all sorts of game lol

yes I can imagine every day tasks what we take for granted been a real pain in the arse for them ... Especially when it came to bath time or toilet time in the middle of winter!!!

Marshy ,,I was told Romanys lived in bender tents,,made from canvas and hazel poles,,befor having wagons and caravans,,is that true and is that what that tent type thing is,,,.?

Great pics again mate,,,and that one of yours mud,,,excellent stuff

• Like 1

Marshy ,,I was told Romanys lived in bender tents,,made from canvas and hazel poles,,befor having wagons and caravans,,is that true and is that what that tent type thing is,,,.?

Great pics again mate,,,and that one of yours mud,,,excellent stuff

I think the kids slept in blender tents next to the Waggons aswell...they were made from the same canvas material that the bow top is made of...young hazel shoots bent over to make a dome with the front lifted up facing the fire.