Need Help Buying An Air Rifle..

Still got it :D just on the fence at the minute whether to trade it or sell it for a change.

Wanting a TXHC in twenty two I've seen, brand new, left hand dedicated, £350! There like £520 for the lefties anywhere else. It's kinda one of those things that are to good to be true, but I know it is real and new as I've held it in the shop. Will pick it up after Xmas I think.

I've got a stunning left handed tx200hc in .177 that's not getting used

Nice one Viz, but Im only really into twenty two with springers mate. Is it left hand action too? Just out of interest... :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There wank   Welcome to THL kidder.

Firstly. Alright man. Second. Good lad leaning the manual route. If I had 200 beans, and was new to the sport, but perhaps know what I know now, I'd get a 99s in twenty two being as they are just over

Jordon get an hw mate you will not look back i forgot about the   and you will get one scoped up for just a little more than your budget   Toms right on the money on the   Listen im not being

Posted Images

Try out as many rifles as you can if at all possible, it maybe that you like one within you budget range new or second hand. It is also always possible to delay until you have a little bit more for one of the more expensive rifles. You have to be happy with you choice not us.

Good luck and all the best

yep full left hander mate

Still got it :D just on the fence at the minute whether to trade it or sell it for a change.

Wanting a TXHC in twenty two I've seen, brand new, left hand dedicated, £350! There like £520 for the lefties anywhere else. It's kinda one of those things that are to good to be true, but I know it is real and new as I've held it in the shop. Will pick it up after Xmas I think.

I've got a stunning left handed tx200hc in .177 that's not getting used

Nice one Viz, but Im only really into twenty two with springers mate. Is it left hand action too? Just out of interest... :)

Hello. I agree with the comments above except... most of the quality guns pictured are a bit heavy. If you are younger than most of us, start with a smaller but quality rifle else you won't enjoy the experience. A heavy gun absorbs the recoil but at the same time if you are lugging a girder around then it won't get the full use.

A Weihrauch HW99 is spot on and proper quality and it will last a lifetime. There are other good guns too. I would try as many as you can. So join a club. People who enjoy their sport are keen to help others.

Are you including the cost of a scope in your budget?

• Like 1

Buy cheap buy twice

but then again i never buy cheap, and im still buying now and iv bought hundreds lol

and i mean hundreds

what ever you get have fun bud

and welcome to the addiction as that's what it is an addiction

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 3

Buy cheap buy twice

but then again i never buy cheap, and im still buying now and iv bought hundreds lol

and i mean hundreds

Macs been in the game years and still can't get them groups down :)

• Like 1

Id stay away from new a gamo, webley, stoger ect and with your budget look for an older secondhand HW80 built when they at their best. For your budget you could find one with a scope included. They have stood the test of time and will last you decades. plenty of spares and tuning parts available then down the line you wanted to you could get it tuned or even tune it yourself. if you buy a cheaper new one it may cause disappointment and frustration (iv tried such guns and been there!) buy a older HW and your wont come to a time you want to upgrade because you will already have the best!

cheers, Tom.

• Like 1

Buy cheap buy twice

and i mean hundreds

Macs been in the game years and still can't get them groups down :)

No, but i still put the pellet where it needs to be out in the field lol :laugh:

and thats what counts :thumbs:

Jordon get an hw 80 mate you will not look back i forgot about the 80

and you will get one scoped up for just a little more than your budget

Toms right on the money on the 80

Listen im not being funny or getting at you Jordon but the rifles your looking at are shit mate cheap crap that the rfd,s get in to sell to lads just like you there , there bread and butter

and if you do get one YOU will be buying another rifle sooner than you think

you have been given some good advice off lads on here take notice please. please take notice and get some thing better than the one,s you have said bud

Don't do what most of us have done in the past buy some thing because it looks like some thing out of swat or it looks like a sniper rifle

Most of us have been there in the past and thats why we are saying to you dont buy cheep as it will just disappoint you

bud , honest

Get your self down to a rifle range and have a go at some of the rifles mentioned on here

if you just tell some of the lads at the range that you are thinking of buying a rifle and they will be more than happy to show you and let you have a go of theirs

or just put a shout up on here and some one will take you along with them

were not all twats lol

• Like 4

I personally think an 80 would be a tad of overkill for your first rifle. Not to mention its weight, there almost just catalysts for internal work.

To be honest, he wont need another rifle for the rest of his entire life though. The fuckers last longer than there owners and probably get inherited more than shot :)

Id have one mind.

• Like 2

An old hw80 isn't that heavy and id even say the weight helps absorb recoil and holding steady - for me anyway.

An old 80 is like an old landrover lol - simple, easy to repair, gets the job done and holds it's value. Keep it a few year and still get your money back!

I saw a guy and his mate a while ago in your boat in the gun shop looking at the second hand rack looking at some great second hand airguns. They moved onto the new rack and he was instantly drawn to..... A Remington genesis (yak!!) drawn to it because of it's appearance. He baught that pile of new crap and a budget scope.

Meanwhile.... There was a lovely tidy second hand old 80 with a whitetail classic scope for the same price. I wanted to go over and shout "what the hell are you doing!!" Lol he will have gone home and took it out and probably dissapointed with the gun and scope, when the old 80 would have done him proud.

• Like 1

Good thread this one and some good advice offered,you can see the honesty and how genuinely people want to help,these lads won't lose anything if someone else squanders their hard earned! But if you think about it why buy a new rifle for xx amount when you could get a top end one worth twice as much for the same? The top ones are that for a reason so if you want a keeper then it seems an easy decision...

• Like 2