Outer Wall

mad4it

hi I am trying to make the outer wall for a tramel net but keep having problems with it. i try following the thread that on here but it still go wrong to the point that i am thinking about just making diamond mesh nets for purse and stop nets and asking one of the net making on here if they would make me one

For 4 squares deep start as usual and increase until there's 3 squares and the increased fly mesh.. next row knit a plain row without any increase or decrease,, this makes the walls 4 mesh deep,, next row increase the last mesh,, next decrease , carry on increasing/decreasing until you get the length you want,, make a plain row, now decrease each row until your left with just the one mesh which is cut off .. If You cant get it I will get pictures taken over the week end and send them to You ..

Regards...

• Like 4

Netriger do you not fancy putting it up on here it's something I can't get me head round either

Cheers aidy

I am glad it not just me I feel a lot better now knowing someone else is have problems.

Gents, ive had a read through that thread that Netrigger put up............to be fair its quite a thorough explanation. A little more concentration is needed and i think you'll have it nailed. :thumbs:

• Like 1

make a couple of loops one for anchoring on a hook or whatever is suitable ,,

001_zpsrgrsmnw0.jpg

Knit a mesh into the loop and add a mesh also,, the increase mesh..

002_zpsi6ik0pny.jpg

keep adding the increased mesh on the last mesh until you have the depth of walls that you need ,, you can see 3 squares and the increase on this picture,, this makes the walls 4 deep..

003_zps8lntyjzu.jpg

Knit a plain row without any increase..

004_zps0rlz1z3a.jpg

next row increase the last mesh ,, next row decrease ,, keep increasing and decreasing until you have the desired length of walls ,, to square everything up make sure the last row that's been knitted is a decreased row,, now knit a plain row,, on the next row decrease,, next decrease,, keep decreasing until theres only the one loop ,,

008_zpsj58lrloa.jpg

• Like 5