Sako Finnfire P94S

I have just bought a Sako Finnfire P94s varmint in almost mint condition. I know that it was kept in a gun safe for ten years due to the previous owner being unwell, hence the mint condition. I have two questions: 1/ When did Sako cease Making the Finnfire P94s and how do you establish how old the rifle is? 2/ In the past I have shortened the Barrel of my CZ 542 with no effect on how accurate it was. Can I do the same with a Finnfire, with it being a heavy barrel? I love the rifle and if it is best not to touch I will leave it well alone. It is shooting 1/4-1/2 inch groups at fifty metres with Eley Club and I don't want to mess with it if I can cause any problems. Advice please.

I have the same rifle, I cut down mine to 16" 4 years ago with no negative effect.

For info'.

I use a SAK moderator, the 5 shot Mag's work fine, the 9 shot one's don't, mine will not

load, the bullet comes up at too sharp an angle,& 'Sometimes' and drives the bullet head

into the breach face, but 'other-times' works flawlessly? If you load 6>7 rounds it's

ok but that's no advantage over the 5 shot is it?

1/4" 5 shot groups all day at 75 yards (bench & bipod), my best ammo is Geco target, I know that's

no good for live quarry, so I use either Winchester Subs, or RWS Sub's.

I have the same rifle, I cut down mine to 16" 4 years ago with no negative effect.

For info'.

I use a SAK moderator, the 5 shot Mag's work fine, the 9 shot one's don't, mine will not

load, the bullet comes up at too sharp an angle,& 'Sometimes' and drives the bullet head

into the breach face, but 'other-times' works flawlessly? If you load 6>7 rounds it's

ok but that's no advantage over the 5 shot is it?

1/4" 5 shot groups all day at 75 yards (bench & bipod), my best ammo is Geco target, I know that's

no good for live quarry, so I use either Winchester Subs, or RWS Sub's.

I'm only guessing here so don't shoot me. Maybe the foldover tags at the top of the mag could use a tap with a hammer to lower the bullet angle?

As I've only got 1 I'll give it a go, the 5's are plastic (high class mouldings tho')

The 10's are metal, can I send you the bill if it doesn't work?

I guess not.

AndyF

Can I send you my consultation fee if it does? ;)