I only catch moles because I can, it's not paying my bills. so it wasn't until yesterday I got to try the french traps.

I put half dozen in back to back 2 talpax and 2 bethel roads tunnels.

pictures blurry but here's what I got

20151219_101735_zpscsmoesu4.jpg

to be honest I preffer the tunnel traps but that could be because I learnt with them but I found the putangs were very easy to use.

• Like 6

Well, I don't mind admitting it,... I am well hooked.... :yes:

Don't realy know what it is ?

I catch well enough with most traps,..but,.there is something primitive about these traps...

I just enjoy handling them,....

I find them extremely, tactile... :blink:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 1

I've listed some more on eBay in 20's, 30's and 40 and there will be other larger quantities once I've built my stock up. I've got some more levers and pliers now too to send over to my brother-in-law. And Ian will be doing some smaller packs of Putanges in the New Year if anyone is wanting to try half a dozen or so.

• Like 1

I've listed some more on eBay in 20's, 30's and 40 and there will be other larger quantities once I've built my stock up. I've got some more levers and pliers now too to send over to my brother-in-law. And Ian will be doing some smaller packs of Putanges in the New Year if anyone is wanting to try half a dozen or so.

Yes I will mate , keep us posted as to when this will be , Ta. :thumbs:

Interesting stuff, lads,...yous have all really taken to these "putanges", & no doubt they are effective ?....i tried the 'no-mol' myself about 15 year ago,set just the one, & caught with it (for the novelty!)...but the "duffus" type (if you get a decent one ?) is fine for me 99% of the time, ....when i was forced to switch, i had a steep 'learning curve' with the 'trapline', (which is not perfect ?,....lol),...but sufficed for me. I also, never seem to reach for a "talpex type" at all, these days either ?

• Like 1

I got a simple garden job started today. I reckon three moles meeting up in the middle of the garden where historically there would have been fosse. Rather than trap the simple tunnels as I would normally do I searched out four three-way junctions and put a Putange in each corner. I have a theory that moles circulate in such a way that they invariably enter a three-way junction through the spur rather than along the main road. It will be interesting what I find when i go back on Thursday.