What I seen whilst out shooting with the nightvision wasnt exactly a big cat but it wasnt a domestic or feral cat either. ..I observed the beast from around 100 meters as it made it's way up a hedgerow I presume hunting rabbits as there was a few along that hedge line ...it was pure black and quiet long and with a thick s tail and a longer head than a normal moggy and a very different gate to anything I've seen before ...our old maggot farm was overrun with feral cats and I've culled plenty in the past this wasn't a feral cat .I watched it for around a minute before it vanished into the hedge not before brushing it's head against overhanging briar ...this gave me some reference for scale the Briar tip came too my lower knee...what it was I don't know but I know what it wasn't.

Didn't you feel the urge to shoot it kanny
Not with a sub 12 at 100 meters no :laugh: even if I did have the fire power I don't think I would do... that kind of answers bosuns question also
Right I thought you had a centre fire kanny.

Saying that if you were armed with these beauty's they would do more damage than a centre fire lol_1.jpg

Can't go wrong if they got bull in em ...can ya ? :laugh: Edited by kanny
  • Like 1

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Found them....

I`ve seen many large pussies, of differing colours, in my time but i dare`nt put the pictures up.        

l believe the cat would be more likely to use paper

What I seen whilst out shooting with the nightvision wasnt exactly a big cat but it wasnt a domestic or feral cat either. ..I observed the beast from around 100 meters as it made it's way up a hedgerow I presume hunting rabbits as there was a few along that hedge line ...it was pure black and quiet long and with a thick s tail and a longer head than a normal moggy and a very different gate to anything I've seen before ...our old maggot farm was overrun with feral cats and I've culled plenty in the past this wasn't a feral cat .I watched it for around a minute before it vanished into the hedge not before brushing it's head against overhanging briar ...this gave me some reference for scale the Briar tip came too my lower knee...what it was I don't know but I know what it wasn't.

Didn't you feel the urge to shoot it kanny
Not with a sub 12 at 100 meters no :laugh: even if I did have the fire power I don't think I would do... that kind of answers bosuns question also
Right I thought you had a centre fire kanny.

Saying that if you were armed with these beauty's they would do more damage than a centre fire lol_1.jpg

Can't go wrong if they got bull in em ...can ya ? :laugh:
Thats what they recon lol.
  • Like 1

there have been stories oif a big black cat round here for years, and some very knowledgeable reliable people have some interesting accounts, but i have never seen an kind of evidence yself.

however, a dear friend of mine was driving through harling forest in norfolk one night and as there are lots of deer there she always drove slow in case they ran in front of the car. well, this pareticular evening a big black cat walked out 100 yards in front of her, and just stood looking at the headlights as she slowed dwonnnnnnnnnn. she stopped about 20 uards away and the cat ssslowly finished crossing the road. this was about 12 years ago. now interestingly enough, this woman has worked as a zookeeper for over 35 years, and even worked for ravensden animal dealers in the 70s, she has seen every animal you can think of and some you never heard of, hand reared all sorts of animals including tiger, leopard, snow leopard, so she knows what shes talking about, and she says that what she saw was a black leopard (panther) and i believe her.

• Like 1

check this out,2 lads lamping up scotland ,drive down a very remote road,with open moor land either side ,they seen a deer on the left of the van ,turned lights off,sent the dog over sheep fenceing and stood at the side with lamp as road was higher than ground so had a good view of run,dog ran over but halfway across no sign of dog,they lamped but no sign ,so one lad went over fence to find dog ,in a few hundred metres he seen dog standing in bog looking out into darkness,fella called dog but did not respond,when he got to dog he put light out across moor and seen eyes of deer,grabed dog on collar and walked towards eyes,got within 50 metres of eyes,and then relised it was not deer at all,black cat bigger than dog stood up ,he froze and dog was not pulling towards it either,he backed up and kept lamp on hopeing he does not trip up,when he got back to van he told his mate who just laughed,but his mate did say that his mate wont lamp that road anymore

He wants to get himself one of those beddy whippets, put his brown undies on and get up that road again and prove they do exist...!

He wants to get a better dog and a pair of testicles

to be honest mate,heard all that talk before,if the cat was that size it would use any dog as a toothpick

Theres an interesting article in the current shooting news about scottish wildcats breeding with domestics and becoming diluted,the highlands are a true wilderness,no reason a larger than average moggie cant roam relatively freely up there,but down in england with its population density,its rail and road arteries dissecting the place,no,there are no breeding or populations of cougar,lynx,leopard or similar.

iv seen 2 big cats and got photos to prove it I will see if I can find them and post them up. it was a few years ago so please bare with me while I look for them.

did you slip the bull\deerhound?

No i did not have a dog with me at the time.