I was a child in the 1960s and remember pop stars and others having big cats as pets, also remember story’s every decade since then hyped by the media.

Farmers have a very low threshold when it comes to fox and city dog attacks on life stock, if big cats [ cheetah size or so ] was also part of that problem believe you me we would all know about it. As to maybe the odd big cats in the wild, for my money Large Feral Cats.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Found them....

I`ve seen many large pussies, of differing colours, in my time but i dare`nt put the pictures up.        

l believe the cat would be more likely to use paper

I think if a farmer shot a big cat it would be buried double-quick and not mentioned. Otherwise he'd have loads of people trampling his land with their size 12s looking for another.

Come on think of the entrance fee walshie, also as the Americans say film of the week. Money make the world go around, Cha Ching another one bites the dust.

• Like 1

Interesting topic , I do think it's possible but i am not so sure they are living and breeding here, and lets be honest who is best placed to see one ? us tramping about the countryside after dark some of us with NV .. these big cats are not used to our winters for a start although they haven't been that bad of late still too cold for a big cat from a hot climate i would think .. britain isn't so big that they wouldn't be seen or leave any evidence ... but would love to to be proven wrong with some credible video or stills of such a big cat ..

I'd always keep an open mind, but my sensible side asks the same questions everyone else does....

I asked a friend a few years ago what he thought, he'd previously lived in Wales for 20 years, a dog man & hunter & he surprised me by saying "without any shadow of a doubt!"......I was really taken aback, he's one of the straightest people I know! I thought he was going to say "bullshit!" Haha....

I know few people who say they've seen 'things'.............but I still need some convincing...;-)

I'd always keep an open mind, but my sensible side asks the same questions everyone else does....

I asked a friend a few years ago what he thought, he'd previously lived in Wales for 20 years, a dog man & hunter & he surprised me by saying "without any shadow of a doubt!"......I was really taken aback, he's one of the straightest people I know! I thought he was going to say "bullshit!" Haha....

I know few people who say they've seen 'things'.............but I still need some convincing...;-)

Did he mention anymore on the subject accip.did he come across foot prints.sightings.etc. Edited by king

Did he mention anymore on the subject accip.did he come across foot prints.sightings.etc.

From what I remember it was based among other things, on the fact that a close friend of his, a forest worker, came face to face with one on a track in the forest......he told the story in detail...to him it was unmistakable, but who knows, eh?

Did he mention anymore on the subject accip.did he come across foot prints.sightings.etc.

From what I remember it was based among other things, on the fact that a close friend of his, a forest worker, came face to face with one on a track in the forest......he told the story in detail...to him it was unmistakable, but who knows, eh?

It's good to think they might be out there I wouldn't want to come across 1 mind while out lamping.

Until a body is found it will be just a myth I think.

There's pros and cons to any discussion about big cats.

Con: As almost everyone has a fairly decent camera on their phone, why are all the pics to blurry and distant?

Pro: Can everyone who thinks they have seen one be mistaken or lying? :hmm:

When Sir Edmund Hillary spent nearly a year searching for a Yeti n the Himalayas, he didn't see one bit of evidence to prove they existed. But then he didn't see one bit of evidence to prove snow leopards exist either and they live there.

As an a side.......I used to work at a zoo, a few bit & bobs escaped while I was there......nothing major, but not all accounted for, but the interesting stuff was years before. A guy I worked with has been there 30 years before it became a commercial success & he told me some mental stories about escapes, including leopards....but these were accounted for....

But that's just one zoo, there's loads of shittly little places about & private collections.......I went to a shittly little place in Norfolk some years back that had a lot of leopards & it was hardly the best place for them haha....

So you never know....;-)

Harry Roberts was also good at hiding, but could not hide forever, with a concerted effort to find him it took Forty odd Days. 1966 I remember it as if it was yesterday. Maybe the Big Cat playing Hide and Seek in the Countryside was 1966 World Cup Willie and now his Descendants "with Immaculate Conception" Who knows? Maybe. Olly Olly Oxen Free.