Me and a mate seen something on route fishing in the early hours kick myself whenever it gets mentioned we didn't try get a pic of it. Seen a blue/gold macaww fly over the van other week on the a69 lol dont think there native either.

Edit moxy 4 letters starting and ending in t.

There we go thankyou very much my friend ??

I witnessed two fly over my van heading out of Kirkby Stephen the other year it's not a million miles away , I told my dad he looked at me like I was deluded ??.

Wasn't too far from kirkby Stephen mate.
There is a bloke over there breeds them,as they pair for life he keeps the hens in and let's the cocks out he has done that for years mate.and the answer to the big cat thread is yes me a bloke his son and sons mate seen it about 30years ago at spennymoor.truth be told I don't care who believes me or not but 4 people out lamping all can't make the same story up and still tell it right after 30yrs. Edited by lurchers
  • Like 2

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Found them....

I`ve seen many large pussies, of differing colours, in my time but i dare`nt put the pictures up.        

l believe the cat would be more likely to use paper

A good shooting buddy of mine see something he could not explain while out lamping 5/6 yrs ago , it went out of site just over the edge of a river bank, he had a shine about and could not see anything.

He went back the next morning to have a look and found a well worn trail down the bank to the waters edge, the other side of the water was around 10/12 feet away, the trail went up the bank and away over the top. He went around and where what ever it was on landing had left a very large cat shape print in the mud.

He followed the trail for some way to a large tree with large claw marks going up , half way up there was a half eaten blackface ewe wedged in a fork . This guy has been a keeper most of his life and is in his fifties so not wet behind the ears.

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean its not there.

When I got married we had a horse back safari honeymoon in Africa on a 5,000 acre reserve, they had two cats there I can't remember the name of it but they said it stood around 20" so not small, they have had it there for 10 yrs and have never managed to see it once, but plenty of tracks as its so dry and sandy there. So they have them in a fenced area and still can't see it.

• Like 1

i have heard many stories about this subject and i believe they are out there.my mum has seen one and my uncle who lives out in the sticks had some friends over from south africa and the were out on his property and they said to him how many have you got on your land.he was very surprise by the question and they said they could smell them

Well, appart from all those very elusive big black panthers roaming the wilds, they are talking aboot re-introducing Lynx to several forested areas of the UK including my local Kielder forest.

Good times.

You still got your gwp?

Yes sir!

Well, appart from all those very elusive big black panthers roaming the wilds, they are talking aboot re-introducing Lynx to several forested areas of the UK including my local Kielder forest.

Good times.

You still got your gwp?

Yes sir!

That would be some experience .

noticed some large cat like footprints in my woods since reading this. bit of a sore subject i guess. anyhow im not good on prints ive smoothed the wet mud over by where i seen them clearist for a picture. any other ideas? to help identify. could be a dog but im not so sure. there are no dogs in or near my land. a dog could have ran been there but its unlikey. also not fox as i could also see fox hare even mouse prints by. also i have noticed what i guess are hare burrows(saw one dash into one once) have been what looks like back filled in. not sure if connected to prints.

• Like 1

Big cat prints don't have claw marks. So I'm told.

That's what I was led to believe as they are retracted,if claws marks are visible Assume it's a canine.

Somewhere I have. A European mammal tracks n signs book ,from a respected author that has Lynx an even bear in it I think.

Good times.

You still got your gwp?
Yes sir!

Good times.

You still got your gwp?
Yes sir!
That would be some experience .

She has hunted raccoons and done ok, and she trees on squirrel when Im hunting them a bit in the autumn. House cats too :ninja:

I have a friend who trees the odd bobcat he comes across with his gwp in the States, if his dog finds one, or hits a fresh track.

But if you wanted to catch cats regularly, or with any degree of success, you would need some cold trailing ability in your dog, as they cover some ground so you could be trailing 1-2 day old tracks for some time before the cat jumps, cats dont have all that much stamina for running once they are going, not like a good fox, but with cold trailing the hunt could easily stretch to 5 or even 10+ miles depending on how far the cat has travelled. This is too far from the handler for most pointers, in my opinion. Marking or treeing ability is also essential, and I see many pointers with natural ability here.

I have a terrier that trees good too, Id love to try her on coons, but that will have to wait.... Good hunting!

Edited by dogs-n-natives
  • Like 1

Big cat prints don't have claw marks. So I'm told.

That's what I was led to believe as they are retracted,if claws marks are visible Assume it's a canine.

Somewhere I have. A European mammal tracks n signs book ,from a respected author that has Lynx an even bear in it I think.

i would imagine that if they were running and not walking they would leave a claw mark,wf