Ok , so we are many across this country , we see the countryside for what its worth . How many of you have had a `whisper` of big cats that are about ? This is a genuine question , as i have a relatively local game keeper friend that was informed by the local plod of 3 sightings in one night in a certain area . He phoned me that night and relayed the story . And i can back it up ......

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Found them....

I`ve seen many large pussies, of differing colours, in my time but i dare`nt put the pictures up.        

l believe the cat would be more likely to use paper

I've seen some big cats...!!!

But not the type your on about.

We have regularly seen stuff moving about on the edge of the lamp beam. Skulking through a gate hole or over a wall. But nothing I would ever say was a big cat.

There was almost one can say hysteria in the 1970s with big cats in the countryside communities, comes along every decade hyped by the media. It is possible as many of the big cats were kept as pets in the 1960s, some could have escaped and found a mate, Possible?

Me and a mate seen something on route fishing in the early hours kick myself whenever it gets mentioned we didn't try get a pic of it. Seen a blue/gold macaww fly over the van other week on the a69 lol dont think there native either.

Edit moxy 4 letters starting and ending in t.

Edited by treecreeper

There was almost one can say hysteria in the 1970s with big cats in the countryside communities, comes along every decade hyped by the media. It is possible as many of the big cats were kept as pets in the 1960s, some could have escaped and found a mate, Possible?

Nope ,with today's tech,decent footage would be available,not some half arsed blurry pic. More chance of seeing fungus the bogeyman than a panther.

• Like 1

Me and a mate out lamping about 10yrs ago now see one , it took a while to make out what it was as just didn't look like anything we had ever seen before , I've lamped for well over 20 years, it was only when it moved we looked at each other said nothing looked back at it and said is that what it looks like? It was at that point that we both had the biggest goose bumps shoot up the back of our necks . In the lamp its eyes looked bigger than a horse, but the biggest thing that stood out was its tail was really thick and one big curve start to the tip.

We thought thats enough for tonight.

about the same time there was a group of 5 walkers not far away, pulled in to a gateway to let a farmer past in his truck , farmer stopped to chat as some lived by him, all saw a large black cat leap across the track where they were stood about 80m away .

Me and a mate seen something on route fishing in the early hours kick myself whenever it gets mentioned we didn't try get a pic of it. Seen a blue/gold macaww fly over the van other week on the a69 lol dont think there native either.

There we go thankyou very much my friend ??

I witnessed two fly over my van heading out of Kirkby Stephen the other year it's not a million miles away , I told my dad he looked at me like I was deluded ??.

There we go thankyou very much my friend ??

I witnessed two fly over my van heading out of Kirkby Stephen the other year it's not a million miles away , I told my dad he looked at me like I was deluded ??.

Wasn't too far from kirkby Stephen mate.

Nope ,with today's tech,decent footage would be available,not some half arsed blurry pic. More chance of seeing fungus the bogeyman than a panther.

The word I used was Possible? as in Tongue and Cheek

• Like 1

The word I used was Possible? as in Tongue and Cheek

I'd say it's more than just possible, but very probable. As others have said, it isn't that long ago that people in this country were keeping large exotic 'pets' of all sorts. Then when these 'pets' got too large and 'problematic' to deal with, released them into the wild. Most people regard mainland britain as pretty small, but it's still a very sizeable country which is large enough, and has many many areas of land where big cats etc could easily exist.

Also, In saying that, I also think that some of the ideas of releasing wolves etc into certain areas wouldn't be of much concern to the majority of ramblers, casual walkers etc, as they'd probably never see one of those either, even though they are a pack animal. If an intelligent animal doesn't want to be seen, it invariably won't be seen.

Look at the list of non native species in this country, to see just how easy it is for these animals not to just exist in britain, but very easily thrive and breed.

Again, in closing. I'd say the existence of large cats in britain is very probable :ninja: lol :thumbs:

Edited by shaaark