Shooting Feral Pigeons

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sorry, it's still not legal, you also have to PROVE first that all other means to stop them have been done first, ie pigeon spikes/netting/anti perch glue etc, once all that is in place, and ferals ar

You can’t use this licence to kill birds because they are damaging your property, such as your car or house, or if they’re a nuisance.   Quoted from the General licence, cover yourself from prosecut

May be not for damage but you can when the mess leaves a health risk From slips and trips to Infection control   I would like to start a campaign A national pigeon day Every Sunday morning eve

Walshie. A feral pigeon does not land in trees. (I know I know you didn't say that.) Thing is ferals will only alight in or on buildings or on arable land to feed. So, Presumably in your case it is the latter.If it ain't then they are either collared doves or woodpigeon. My brother in law WOULD take exception to you shooting his racing pigeons. As to a pellet leaving your property, Someones having a laugh.

Walshie. A feral pigeon does not land in trees. (I know I know you didn't say that.) Thing is ferals will only alight in or on buildings or on arable land to feed. So, Presumably in your case it is the latter.If it ain't then they are either collared doves or woodpigeon. My brother in law WOULD take exception to you shooting his racing pigeons. As to a pellet leaving your property, Someones having a laugh.

Ive seen feral pigeons landing in tree's and fielding with woodies, I also race pigeons.

j316/ Try telling that to all the inner council pest control people who are tasked with getting rid of pigeons. Naturally flock birds, can you honestly tell me that they, or any other shooter would or could see a ring. In all the years Iv'e been shooting, and a lot has been on pigeon, Iv'e never seen ferals mixing with wood pigeon. Yes in the same field but not intermingled. This by the way not as an argument but as an observation.

WELL Walshie. Kind of agree but struggling just a little. I've this mental picture of a feral pigeon in a tree (which I kn ow ain't gonna happen) with a backstop of What?? Your telling me that you are shooting from the ground at a target that is in the air? Come on mate that isn't going to happen. Even on the barracks range, shooting at up to 400 ,mts we have a man made mountain as a backstop. I remember the RO screeching 'Who the fckk is that shooting when a round went way too high. So a pellet at a pigeon just doesn't cut it.

Kind of goes back to the original question, What's the law on shooting feral pigeon in someones garden ? Suburbia or elsewhere?

The answer is in the link spence put up above - i.e the general licence. If you can prove it's for crop protection or to prevent disease, to protect or preserve flora and fauna, or for health and safety, AND you ensure the pellet doesn't leave your boundary, (by using suitable backstops), AND you have permission to shoot there, then yes.