Andy Lee V Billy Joe Saunders

Should be a good honest fight between these 2......Bill has the discipline and work rate to box to a plan for 12 rounds,he takes a great shot but i still think Lee might just know a little bit too much for him.

Good little local dust up between Mitchell Smith and George Jupp for an incontinental title as well......Smith,s a hard hitting kid id expect him to get the stoppage.......another good night of British boxing.

• Like 2

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Spot on with that comment its the difference between young men who want to be famous and young men who want to be boxing champions.........no razzmatazz no attention seeking gypsy warrior nonsense Bil

Just google watch the Lee v Saunders fight for free and sift through the streams,i've never paid to watch anything on sky sports or ppv ..

if lee gets his feet planted he can spark him.

I think Lee could stop Saunders, but over the distance I just fancy Saunders. Whatever happens may the best man win on the night, should be a tough fight for both fighters.

Im looking forward to the battle of the trainers old school versus new....both men are known for being great tacticians and both their fighters are intelligent enough to follow a plan so id make the trainers almost as important as the fighters in this fight.......very good competetive yet respectful contest all the way round it will make a refreshing change from all the usual nonsense.

• Like 1

The show is on boxnation, subscription channel, £12 a month I think.

I had Lee winning this one easy, but after watching the best of Billy-Joe Saunders last night I think it's going to be far more competitive than I first thought. I still have Lee favourite, bigger puncher and has mixed and has operated world level for sometime time now, for Saunder this will be his first at such altitude and essentially I think he'll be out of his depth.

I think Lee could stop Saunders, but over the distance I just fancy Saunders. Whatever happens may the best man win on the night, should be a tough fight for both fighters.

Im looking forward to the battle of the trainers old school versus new....both men are known for being great tacticians and both their fighters are intelligent enough to follow a plan so id make the trainers almost as important as the fighters in this fight.......very good competetive yet respectful contest all the way round it will make a refreshing change from all the usual nonsense.
what do you think of Booth as a trainer gnash? I'm not convinced, he doesn't have the look of a boxing man to me and some have referred to him as a glorified PT - I get what they mean. Difficult to assess some coaches credentials . . Did they help make a good fighter or just jump on the bandwagon

looking forward to the fight, lee comes strong in the later rounds and can come up with the big punch when it matters, billy joe can use the ring better covering every inch of it good footwork and good hand speed but imo tires badly in the last couple of rounds, john ryder came close to beating him due to this so maybe lee will take advantage of this,

• Like 1

what do you think of Booth as a trainer gnash? I'm not convinced, he doesn't have the look of a boxing man to me and some have referred to him as a glorified PT - I get what they mean. Difficult to assess some coaches credentials . . Did they help make a good fighter or just jump on the bandwagon

How you doing sir good i hope.....watch him work the heavy bag for 5 minutes and he,ll look every bit a boxing man ;) .....i know what you mean he almost seems too intelligent and clean cut but it seems to be the new era of trainers a lot of them are getting their education in the classroom before their experience in the ring its just the way it is now but for somebody who didnt turn pro himself i personally think he reads a fight well and has a great understanding of the psychology of a fighter........he is the polar opposite to Jimmy Tibbs which is what i,ll find fascinating about this contest.....Jimmy just tells the truth of the situation he sees in front of him he doesnt really get into fighters minds he explains and teaches in simple technically proficient ways whereas Booth can and does win fighters over with his demeanour he can almost charm the best out of a fighter where Jimmy will go for an old school bollocking :D .........Jimmy has strict trainer/fighter relationships he doesnt get involved in things away from a boxing ring where Booth tends to build friendships with fighters and being a good businessman will negotiate contracts and generally become a fighters friend......the qualifications are necessary in todays times but of course nothing will beat experience but it shows you how valuable the science of strength/conditioning is when you see fighters going with the likes of Booth,the Mcguigan lad etc.............but yes i do rate Booth,not so much in terms of basics and technical ability id stick a kid with Jimmy all day long but in terms of putting the finishing touches on and other things surrounding a fight then yes i think he will do well..... Booth pulled in John Ryder to help Lee get ready for this fight,paying him way over the odds....... smart move for all concerned so theres a lot more to being a good trainer than just the fight itself.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 3

How you doing sir good i hope.....watch him work the heavy bag for 5 minutes and he,ll look every bit a boxing man ;) .....i know what you mean he almost seems too intelligent and clean cut but it seems to be the new era of trainers a lot of them are getting their education in the classroom before their experience in the ring its just the way it is now but for somebody who didnt turn pro himself i personally think he reads a fight well and has a great understanding of the psychology of a fighter........he is the polar opposite to Jimmy Tibbs which is what i,ll find fascinating about this contest.....Jimmy just tells the truth of the situation he sees in front of him he doesnt really get into fighters minds he explains and teaches in simple technically proficient ways whereas Booth can and does win fighters over with his demeanour he can almost charm the best out of a fighter where Jimmy will go for an old school bollocking :D .........Jimmy has strict trainer/fighter relationships he doesnt get involved in things away from a boxing ring where Booth tends to build friendships with fighters and being a good businessman will negotiate contracts and generally become a fighters friend......the qualifications are necessary in todays times but of course nothing will beat experience but it shows you how valuable the science of strength/conditioning is when you see fighters going with the likes of Booth,the Mcguigan lad etc.............but yes i do rate Booth,not so much in terms of basics and technical ability id stick a kid with Jimmy all day long but in terms of putting the finishing touches on and other things surrounding a fight then yes i think he will do well..... Booth pulled in John Ryder to help Lee get ready for this fight,paying him way over the odds....... smart move for all concerned so theres a lot more to being a good trainer than just the fight itself.

Hope that answers your question Field Marshall and well put across Gnash :thumbs: . Think you might of sold a few more subscriptions for box nation there mate haha. Can't wait for this one. A proper battle from all sides :thumbs:

• Like 1

not too bad governor, thank you very much - hope you're all set for Christmas .. Thanks got elaborating, I'll take your word for it there, I must say I've not seen him throw leather.. And yes you've nailed it on many points, he does come across as perhaps overly articulate, whilst I'm more inclined towards the authenticity of pure pugilism and the practitioners of .. The likes of Tibbs, Davies, Duff (R.I.P) and someone I know personally Jim Evans of Maidenhead, from my experience what he doesn't know about the sweet science isn't worth knowing. Tony Sims should fit into the same sort of category, I appreciate he's younger, but again I'm not overly convinced - I don't think he's cut quite from the same cloth as Tibbs despite his acclaim from others.

A trainer I would have liked to work with is Jim McDonnell, he seems to lay somewhere between the two of pugilism and psychology, a hybrid if you like, leaning more to the former of the two for sure, but I think he gets inside the head of fighter well.. Booth is the same, but more toward the latter, I suppose this is bound to happen 'hybrid' coaches almost, of which Booth is the foremost.. On the point of Booth making friendships with fighters, I see Groves has recently talked of being abamdoned by him, not sure how credible Groves is, don't know much about him personally.

All that said, in Eubanks corner you've got the lot, goodness knows how it works, some dynamics going on there .. Ronnie Davies face looks a picture at times, that said he is stern at the best of times .. Yes Ryder is a good fighter, I don't know what happened against Blackwell, off night maybe.. Could go on talking about the dynamics of coaching and coaches, but I think that could make another thread.. Looking forward to the show..

• Like 1