Sheep Farmer Shoots Hounds

Obviously the bloke is a c**t for what he has done. But in the eyes of the law he is well within his rights to shoot any animal worrying his livestock. There doesn't have to be bits of sheep all over the place for him to have just cause. The law states the worrying of livestock. Which as said could be simply the hounds in the same field as the sheep.

I don't know the area so it's hard to comment, but round here a land owner could do this and wouldn't think twice about pissing off the local hunts. Plenty of boys out there with rifles to keep the foxes in check.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lads the comments on here make me wonder about some hunting people. It's his land and if was know that he was likely to shoot dogs like you say then no matter what way ye intended to go then the right

Sorry Foxbolter, but I disagree with your posts. The farmer in question doesn't represent most farmers but if you go about doing those things you say you could turn a whole community against hunting.

Since this happened another local farmer has taken some leased land back off him and another who let him use his machinery in the summer because of his own breaking down has just billed him for it's u

This guy knows his neighbours use the hunt for fox control so that doesn't justify his action shooting hounds that just happen to cross his land on a scent. And by the way rifles ain't hounds, have you forgotten we are still fighting for this way of life, or should we all buy rifles and give in!!!!!!!

• Like 3

This guy knows his neighbours use the hunt for fox control so that doesn't justify his action shooting hounds that just happen to cross his land on a scent. And by the way rifles ain't hounds, have you forgotten we are still fighting for this way of life, or should we all buy rifles and give in!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Sounds a bit harsh to me shooting the dogs but as everyone says it's in the law so what can you do. Getting payback is destined to make the whole thing drawn out and costly for both sides.

Flip side of the coin is the local hunt around here has been out with lamps making the foxes lamp shy apparently . Not sure if that's par for the course tho but I thought that was a bit sly considering people who shoot foxes haven't done anything wrong themselves

Feel that I may have been a bit hasty in some of my posts earlier , just meet the c**t on a country road somewhere and knock f**k outta him . Can understand that he has law on his side , but think if he shot my dogs he would Deffo get a dig in the mouth regardless of consequences

• Like 1

22 year old shoots four hounds, kills two.

Thats why you don't give children guns.

Bet the c**t was pretty close to them, doubt they were chasing the sheep, probably just lost and didn't run till he started firing at them.

What a c**t.

• Like 1

Got nothing against rifles own one myself. Got to remember we are on the same sideI'm and should stick together whatever!! As for your local hunt lamping foxes making them lamp shy new one on me that

I can't attest to the truth in it. It's just what someone who shoots foxes has told me last week

I don't know the farming situation where it happened but I'm telling you now if you start burning barns and battering farmers for a legal act(c**t of a thing to do when sheep are not in any actual danger I know) then the farming community can be tight knit and it will only be the hunts that loose out. Tough but true.

I'd keep on hunting and try and keep the hounds away from that certain place, hard I know but it's only the dogs that will loose out if not.

• Like 4

Got nothing against rifles own one myself. Got to remember we are on the same sideI'm and should stick together whatever!! As for your local hunt lamping foxes making them lamp shy new one on me that

I can't attest to the truth in it. It's just what someone who shoots foxes has told me last week

i've also heard of people calling them in august/sept time and then clapping hands and generally making a racket to frighten them off.

Sounds a bit harsh to me shooting the dogs but as everyone says it's in the law so what can you do. Getting payback is destined to make the whole thing drawn out and costly for both sides.

Flip side of the coin is the local hunt around here has been out with lamps making the foxes lamp shy apparently . Not sure if that's par for the course tho but I thought that was a bit sly considering people who shoot foxes haven't done anything wrong themselves

Guilty as charged on that one :tongue2::tongue2::tongue2: .

Around here half the lamping is done because lads are bored or want to stay out of the pub not about vermin control.

So I've often called in litters of cubs and fired a shot over their heads.

If we hadn't the cowboys there'd be plenty for everyone.

The farmer in question who shot the hounds ? The more I think about it the more he sounds like an unstable character.

I would definitely make the local police aware of your concerns and if he was ever to f**k up again there's a good chance he loose his FAC.

Another thing, he's obviously a lover of foxes and I don't know about you's but many times over the years I've had to shift foxes I didn't want to kill and this farmer sure does sound like he'd appreciate them.

At least it's better than greyhounds that he's going to shoot anyways.

• Like 1