Sheep Farmer Shoots Hounds

Yes same here pablo we also hunt on foot, they have always had exceptional hounds and also they are all round good hunting people. My Xmas wish is they have young hounds coming on which will do the hounds they have lost proud

yes the are good people and a joy to speak to!
  • Like 1

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lads the comments on here make me wonder about some hunting people. It's his land and if was know that he was likely to shoot dogs like you say then no matter what way ye intended to go then the right

Sorry Foxbolter, but I disagree with your posts. The farmer in question doesn't represent most farmers but if you go about doing those things you say you could turn a whole community against hunting.

Since this happened another local farmer has taken some leased land back off him and another who let him use his machinery in the summer because of his own breaking down has just billed him for it's u

Half of you lot should be disgusted with yourselves, talking about going back at night and burning sheds down, killing sheep, what sort of numpties are you, you are the reason a lot of farmers don't want you on the land in the first place, I love dogs, and hate to hear of them been shot, but not one of you can say honestly they were NOT worrying sheep, cos you were not there !

"but not one of you can say honestly they were NOT worrying sheep, cos you were not there"

I was & they weren't, they were just running through the land on scent, we went over on the quads to "get them back" to the huntsman has he was on foot.

Having said that your 1st point is taken as valid hence why it is now in solicitors hands

• Like 2

Flip side of the coin is the local hunt around here has been out with lamps making the foxes lamp shy apparently . Not sure if that's par for the course tho but I thought that was a bit sly considering people who shoot foxes haven't done anything wrong themselves

most shooting lads never put a lamp on now anyway,my mate shot 18 foxes the last two nights he's bin out never put a light on. Night vision and thermal imaging is the way for the rifle men now.
  • Like 2

Half of you lot should be disgusted with yourselves, talking about going back at night and burning sheds down, killing sheep, what sort of numpties are you, you are the reason a lot of farmers don't want you on the land in the first place, I love dogs, and hate to hear of them been shot, but not one of you can say honestly they were NOT worrying sheep, cos you were not there !

"but not one of you can say honestly they were NOT worrying sheep, cos you were not there"

I was & they weren't, they were just running through the land on scent, we went over on the quads to "get them back" to the huntsman has he was on foot.

Having said that your 1st point is taken as valid hence why it is now in solicitors hands

That good to hear, if you saw it happen, and they were not amongst sheep, then you done the right thing getting solicitors involved l, I am no fan of shooting dogs (as some on here may think I am, or a bullshitting c**t) and if he was shooting them for no reason other than been a sadistic twat then he is unlawful and needs it shoving into court, the sensible thing, we are all advocates of our sport every time we go out, and also in everything we post on the Internet, I am saying think about what you write, be united and do it legally, rise above the natural feeling of revenge, we need to be whiter than white so as not to tarnish the sport.

I hope you manage to get a good case and wish you well, however I fear it will be an uphill struggle

• Like 6

Good stuff Raynardman. I hope yous get justice.

To hit a farmer, hit him where it hurts most, his pocket and if he has to compensate yous then it should send a message out to trigger happy folks.

At the very least hopefully he'll loose his FAC as he sounds like a liability.

Best of luck :thumbs: .

To hit a farmer, hit him where it hurts most, his pocket and if he has to compensate yous then it should send a message out to trigger happy folks.

Since this happened another local farmer has taken some leased land back off him and another who let him use his machinery in the summer because of his own breaking down has just billed him for it's use and told him not to come again

• Like 13

Since this happened another local farmer has taken some leased land back off him and another who let him use his machinery in the summer because of his own breaking down has just billed him for it's use and told him not to come again

we were all hot headed at the age of 22. The lad needs someone to have a quiet word with him, because it sounds like he is going to have to learn the hard way.

• Like 2

That's the spirit. He get's punished and no hunting folk get a bad name for burning haysheds etc.

It's great when folk stick together.

• Like 5

1. dogs strays onto farmers land especially at this time of year when all ewes will have been tipped and has form for not being diplomatic can shoot on site without anyone's permission or say so.... so will not have broken any laws.

2. anyone running hounds and has the proper hunting ethics will know his ground inside out, will know the farmers numbers and call midweek to let them know you will be in that area on a certain day, explain you will have men there will know the country inside out and the boundaries and to be honest the fox will usually break the same run's, but its hunting anything can happen so call and explain it at least to the less diplomatic farmer.. that way if he sees 4 dogs running loose roaring miles from anywhere he will know they're the hunts dogs.... respect is the name of the hunting game...after all your in the farmer's fields hunting!

3. Talking about battering a man in his own backyard probably in front of his family to lol or burning his barns down or cutting his fences or killing his livestock for refusing you permission to hunt on HIS land.... are yous hunting men? I think not, you don't even have respect for humans by the sounds of it so would never respect the landowners say id hate to think how yous treat quarry!

At least someone is talking some sense.

• Like 1

Sounds like the beginning of the end for an outcast in the making