The thing is: you've got to lug the fecker about......have a good feel of them if possible. Maybe even rent the bigger of the two out for a weekend and see how you cope. :thumbs:

That's the plan JD, and hopefully not a lot of lugging involved as it's mainly hide work :thumbs:

If it's hide work you can get away with slower shutterspeeds and maybe use a 1.4 tc.... :thumbs:

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

So I've got my camera now, I went for a Nikon D7200 and brought a 18mm-140mm lens it's a nice lens for close stuff but wasn't quite big enough for wildlife shots as it didn't have the range so saved a few pennies and got the 70mm-300 which gives me a good range on it I'm happy with. As I explained originally this is all new to me so at the moment I'm playing with settings and just getting use to things and experimenting with all the different settings. I've not had time to get out much yet as its been getting dark when I get in but I'm Looking forward to the Spring and summer to hopefully get some nice pics. There's an earth I know which has Cubs year after year but my bog standard camera has never been good enough so this will be perfect, just hope that they are there

• Like 2

So I've got my camera now, I went for a Nikon D7200 and brought a 18mm-140mm lens it's a nice lens for close stuff but wasn't quite big enough for wildlife shots as it didn't have the range so saved a few pennies and got the 70mm-300 which gives me a good range on it I'm happy with. As I explained originally this is all new to me so at the moment I'm playing with settings and just getting use to things and experimenting with all the different settings. I've not had time to get out much yet as its been getting dark when I get in but I'm Looking forward to the Spring and summer to hopefully get some nice pics. There's an earth I know which has Cubs year after year but my bog standard camera has never been good enough so this will be perfect, just hope that they are there

good luck fella

I have a Nikon D80 and a D7100, I use about 5 different lenses on them and have never been disappointed with the images they produce,I have shaky hands and always get them with anti shake or vr,you will love the quality of the Nikon,good luck,Plucky

I have a Nikon D80 and a D7100, I use about 5 different lenses on them and have never been disappointed with the images they produce,I have shaky hands and always get them with anti shake or vr,you will love the quality of the Nikon,good luck,Plucky

Thanks plucky.

Been out a couple of times but not come across too much yet. I'm still try to develope an eye also.

• Like 1