Calibre Question Well And Truly Tested By .177.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not just a yank but most .177 shooters

Moxy- I don't think half the boys on here have a rifle long enough to buy a supply of pellets for it. Especially Mac. Think he has 10 tins of test pellets. Finds which the gun likes shooting and then

Mark , it has nothing about the cal you shoot ,as i shoot both of the two most popular cal , none are more accurate than the other and that could include .20 .25 as well   As for .22 lads get a bit

Posted Images

Yes Mitch you are correct ,- top left has a .22 hole, the rest have good shot placement .177 :feck: (proper shooting)

I like both T Rex and Pro Sport mate, both top, top rifles.

For static hunting with hide or Ghillie suite, the weight of the T Rex .177, short piston stroke on top of the Primos gives incredible accuracy. :yes:

• Like 1

I don't think there is a right or wrong. I have shot both and both are fine. The 177 has a flatter trajectory, but I'm very much a believer that the 22 has more of a smack and energy transfer. You just have to learn to shoot 22 because of the trajectory arch. Forget all the nonsense about hollow points, pointed pellets, grooved pellets, magnum pellets etc...... just use a good medium weighted pellet that suits you and the rifle, spend some time on the range or similar, get to know your accuracy....... sorted!!! :thumbs:

Edited by 0395kenyon
  • Like 1

I don't think there is a right or wrong. I have shot both and both are fine. The 177 is the more accurate, but I'm very much a believer that the 22 has more of a smack and energy transfer. You just have to learn to shoot 22 because of the trajectory arch. Forget all the nonsense about hollow points, pointed pellets, grooved pellets, magnum pellets etc...... just use a good medium weighted pellet that suits you and the rifle, spend some time on the range or similar, get to know your accuracy....... sorted!!! :thumbs:

Thats not true mate

I don't think there is a right or wrong. I have shot both and both are fine. The 177 is the more accurate, but I'm very much a believer that the 22 has more of a smack and energy transfer. You just have to learn to shoot 22 because of the trajectory arch. Forget all the nonsense about hollow points, pointed pellets, grooved pellets, magnum pellets etc...... just use a good medium weighted pellet that suits you and the rifle, spend some time on the range or similar, get to know your accuracy....... sorted!!! :thumbs:

Thats not true mate

When I read this that part stood out to me as well and I thought would get a mention!

Mark , it has nothing about the cal you shoot ,as i shoot both of the two most popular cal , none are more accurate than the other and that could include .20 .25 as well

As for .22 lads get a bit touchy at times i don't know what you mean, you F****** twat ,who dresses as a tree and shoots .177 most of the time :laugh::laugh::laugh:

ATVB , Mitch

• Like 3