Couple In The Bag

So i decided to load up the dog and see if we could find some coneys to chase. I set off from home at about 10:30pm to drive to a bit of perm i have 15 mile down the road its not a big bit but its one of the few places i have left with any amount of rabbits left after mixy came in a few months ago or that hasnt been flooded after the other weekend.

On arrival it seemed promising a nice bit of wind without blowing me off my feet. Quick check the lamp was still in order and off into the night we went. First shine across the feild nothing no worries as i wasnt expecting much. I got to the brow of the feild to look down the other side another shine and there he was sitting out in the middle of the feild as soon as the beam hit mr rabbit i felt the dog had seen him this is what we have been waiting for its been very slim pickings so i have barely seen a thing lately.

So we creeped up a bit further i wanted to have another shine but no i thought a little bit further. Now we are close enough i lit him up and slipped mack he took a left and ran along the outside of the beam and just as he got to the end of the beam and coney lifted heading down toward the fence mack got a turn in before he got there and fetched him back out into the feild gaining ground he went for a strike but the rabbit juked and he just missed him he must be a bit rusty. He got back up to coney again and put another 2 turns in and coney made a fatal mistake straiglining across the open feild so a quick snatch and mack came trotting back to me proud as punch with his catch and so was I.

Onto the next feild a quick look about there was a couple further over the road in the next feild they knew i was there so there time will come another day i spotted one not far on the other side of the fence he jumped the fence and was on it straight away a quick couple turns and we had another. He set off back down the feild to me with his catch but there is a fence between us.

Mack is not a natural jumper but he has come along way over the summer builiding his convidence and last year he would never retrive over a fence but this time he didnt even think about it straight over without touching it rabbit still in his mouth i would be lying if i said i wasnt chuffed. To some that is probally the norm but i was over the moon.

So thats 2 in the bag lets go and have look at some higher ground set of round never saw a thing apart from a hare way off witch i was very pleased to see as they are few and far between round here and i like to see them. The mist started to drop in on us so i said bugger it im pleased with 2 in the bag and just happy to have seen him do his thing.

Nothing spechal but he did me proud.

5C0EBD94-E8A6-4336-A1D7-4C50F3DC415F_zps

Thanks for looking.

• Like 3